News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Highest selling throwback jersey by state

Started by jimmy olsen, March 26, 2015, 01:21:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

vcarter706

I realize that he's a different number now, but does an active player really count as "throwback"?
Меня зовут Тристан. У меня есть кошка.

U$C Sucks. Go Bruins!

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Eddie Teach

There's this game where people throw a ball into an elevated hoop. They're pretty good at it.

The Larch

Admiral Yi

I think he was slagging on your misspelling.

alfred russel

I'm glad that CDM departed before he had to see that Indiana is buying up Unitas jerseys.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

alfred russel

I don't get Bird in Mississippi. Is this just because he is a white hick playing basketball that "the people" relate to?  :huh:

Surprised it isn't Archie Manning or Favre.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

jimmy olsen

Quote from: alfred russel on March 26, 2015, 06:27:33 PM
I'm glad that CDM departed before he had to see that Indiana is buying up Unitas jerseys.
Where's he been lately?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: alfred russel on March 26, 2015, 06:41:54 PM
I don't get Bird in Mississippi. Is this just because he is a white hick playing basketball that "the people" relate to?  :huh:

Even odder is Ryne Sandberg in Alabama. A dude from Washington who played in Chicago, and he was never in the top 2 (or even top 10, really) guys currently playing.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 26, 2015, 06:57:06 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on March 26, 2015, 06:41:54 PM

Even odder is Ryne Sandberg in Alabama. A dude from Washington who played in Chicago, and he was never in the top 2 (or even top 10, really) guys currently playing.

I think this one's the oddest

QuoteOur favorites: The seemingly random picks from states without major pro sports teams, such as Oklahoma-native New York Yankees legend Mickey Mantle in Idaho, New Yorker through-and-through Lou Gehrig in Wyoming, Pennsylvania native and Florida State/Oakland Raiders-tied Fred Biletnikoff in North Dakota, Pittsburgh-to-Tuscaloosa-to-New York-to-Los Angeles Super Bowl star Joe Namath in Iowa, and Minnesota native Dave Winfield's San Diego Padres jersey in Maine -- which is about as far from San Diego as you can get in the continental U.S. Perhaps there's a small-sample situation here?

1 Karma Chameleon point