Will science prove the existence of parallel universes!?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 26, 2015, 12:42:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

Quote from: Malthus on March 31, 2015, 09:14:10 AM
Quote from: lustindarkness on March 31, 2015, 09:12:03 AM
I guess CERN has not destroyed the world by creating a rift in the fabric of time and space yet?
How would we know? Maybe it has destroyed one universe, and replaced it with another.  :P

If it created a black hole and sucked us into it...what would be different, besides us now being inside a black hole?  (we're probably already inside a few anyway)

The Brain

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 31, 2015, 11:38:45 PM
I guess CERN has not destroyed the world by creating a rift in the fabric of time and space yet?
How would we know? Maybe it has destroyed one universe, and replaced it with another.  :P

If it created a black hole and sucked us into it...what would be different, besides us now being inside a black hole?  (we're probably already inside a few anyway)

We'd be dead.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

How would you know for sure? :hmm:

We could be like...

The Brain

Siege

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 31, 2015, 11:38:45 PM

Whoa, that's brilliant.
What if the universe is inside a black hole?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Siege

Tonitrus

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Siege on April 01, 2015, 04:16:11 PM
Whoa, that's brilliant.
What if the universe is inside a black hole?

What if YHWH forsook the Jews and made Arabs his chosen people?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

The Hadron collider was unnecessary, evidence has been found in SPACE!

Video that explains it
http://bcove.me/qi0ohbjt

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2015/11/03/alternate-universes-discovered/75102502/

Prepare to have your mind blown.

An astrophysicist says he may have found evidence of alternate or parallel universes by looking back in time to just after the Big Bang more than 13 billion years ago.

While mapping the so-called "cosmic microwave background," which is the light left over from the early universe, scientist Ranga-Ram Chary found what he called a mysterious glow, the International Business Times reported.

Chary, a researcher at the European Space Agency's Planck Space Telescope data center at CalTech, said the glow could be due to matter from a neighboring universe "leaking" into ours, according to New Scientist magazine.

"Our universe may simply be a region within an eternally inflating super-region," scientist Chary wrote in a recent study in the Astrophysical Journal.

"Many other regions beyond our observable universe would exist with each such region governed by a different set of physical parameters than the ones we have measured for our universe," Chary wrote in the study.

While the findings sound promising and have already gained the attention of other astronomers, as Russia Today (RT) reported, it could be quite complicated to verify, since the Planck telescope provides limited data for further study.

"Unusual claims like evidence for alternate universes require a very high burden of proof," Chary noted in the study.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

The Brain