And we're back!

Main Menu

Is English an easy language to learn?

Started by Razgovory, March 15, 2015, 11:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on March 23, 2015, 02:22:28 PM
Quote from: Tyr on March 23, 2015, 02:06:06 PM
With French.... It is just so disheartening to try to learn. People don't attempt to understand poor grammar and bad pronunciation , it's just  straight to "you can't speak French".

I'm in Romandie.
Though half of the people here do seem to be from Paris.

As a matter of facts, the Romands are supposed to speak way slower than other Francophones.

That's what my French colleague says (she's from the Bourgogne, with family in Switzerland).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

dps

Quote from: Valmy on March 23, 2015, 01:39:59 PM
Quote from: Siege on March 23, 2015, 01:36:10 PM
Why would people who already spoke spanish go to a spanish class?
Are spaniards stupid?

They do it all the time in Texas. They want an easy A. But it makes Spanish classes pretty crap if you actually want to learn the language.

Yeah, I was going to ask Viper if they were there for an easy grade or for the political indoctrination.  :)

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on March 23, 2015, 01:39:59 PM
Quote from: Siege on March 23, 2015, 01:36:10 PM
Why would people who already spoke spanish go to a spanish class?
Are spaniards stupid?

They do it all the time in Texas. They want an easy A. But it makes Spanish classes pretty crap if you actually want to learn the language.
exactly that.  lots of people coming from international schools and many people used to traveling in central/south america.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Ed Anger

I just yell loudly at the wogs. They understand.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive