And we're back!

Main Menu

[board] The Battlestar Galactica Languish Project

Started by Tamas, June 18, 2009, 09:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on June 28, 2009, 10:31:59 PM
I've relevant cards although doing so will make me rather useless the rest of this round.

And agreed, if Tigh, who was looking for a suggestion on what to do, declines we've gained more knowledge.

Wait.

I am loyal to the human race and to Galactica.  I don't think anyone can doubt that loyalty.

But before I go locking up fellow Capricans does someone want to walk me through why we're so sure that Baltar is a Cylon?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on June 29, 2009, 12:12:58 AM
Wait.

I am loyal to the human race and to Galactica.  I don't think anyone can doubt that loyalty.

But before I go locking up fellow Capricans does someone want to walk me through why we're so sure that Baltar is a Cylon?
Se my reasoning above, and respond to it... or don't.

It isn't like we just woke up one day and decided Baltar needs to be brigged.

If he isn't the Cylon, odds are long it is you.  I'll be happy to brig you, instead, if your actions make that advisable.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Barrister

I'll need to mull this over.

Like I said - I'm a loyal human.  I don't think I'm required to blindly follow the orders of Admiral Adama however - the great thing about not being a machine is the capacity of free will.  And unfortunately I'm heading to bed (and besides, we don't know where we've wound up yet).

The fact that Admiral Adama and Starbuck feel that Gaius Baltar is a traitor to our race weighs heavily on me however...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Berkut

Not think - know.

Someone sabotaged that last skill check. It could have been me, or Baltar. It was not me, ergo it was Baltar. The other option is that both me and garbon are cylons, which is extremely unlikely.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Martinus

Wow. Just wait a minute there! I go to bed and I wake up to a lynching mob. Whoa.

Alright, I'm gonna confess. Yes, I tried to sabotage this crisis with a (low value) card but I am not a Cylon, ok? I know it is hard to believe and I know I have always been the prime suspect but I have a perfectly rational explanation for this - although in retrospect, I wouldn't do it again since I realize it looks bad - still I consider all this stuff I'm getting as a result a small price for a lot of information we learned about ourselves.

So here's how I was reasoning? First of all, if we failed this crisis, nothing that bad wouldn't have happened, since it only affects morale, which is the resource we have the most of. If I were a Cylon, why would I risk being discovered by striking at what we are strong in, rather than lying low and waiting until I can wreak havoc on our fuel or food resource, no?

Now, why I did it? For two reasons. First, I have suspected that the President is a Cylon - simple as that. So giving him that kind of information would seriously improve the Cylon chances of fucking us over, especially if he could check whether the Admiral is a Cylon or not; the Admiral's actions have been somewhat erratic, so the President-Cylon may have suspected he was another, and thus would find out that way whether he should support the Admiral or try to accuse him. (Just a side note, but the President has announced he will investigate the Admiral - so if I were a Cylon, I wouldn't be targeted, so why would I fear that?)

And second, I knew that the Admiral, if he was not a Cylon, would not try to sabotage the crisis (because he thinks in a more straightforward way than I do). So  by using this small value card which wouldn't do much harm anyway, I gave everybody an opportunity to be certain that he is a Cylon if he really was - because if four sabotage cards appeared then we wouldn't have the speculation we have now, but you all would be certain that it was also Adama - wouldn't this knowledge be useful? (And if I didn't play anything, the potential Cylon-Adama would not dare to try and sabotage). 

So yeah, that's why I did it. Thanks to what I did, we all know Adama is not a Cylon - which is a very useful knowledge, no? And we also think that the President is most likely not a Cylon either. If you want to put me in the Brig for finding this out (even though my actions caused no harm to anyone), then sure go ahead. But you will be losing a valuable asset (I have already helped a lot with engineering before) only because I used a somewhat questionable strategy to achieve a greater good for everybody.

garbon

That don't even make no sense.  Your actions did nothing to help find out if Adama or myself was a cylon.  In fact, all that they did was make sure that I had to waste another card as I was forced to declare an emergency.  And by the way, that's Madame President to you.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

LOL, that was the most tortured confession EVER.

Brig him.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Galactica jumps and ends up in...

Deep Space

BB is up.

Martinus

The "2" under the card means we travelled 2 distances right?

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on June 29, 2009, 01:11:18 AM
LOL, that was the most tortured confession EVER.

Brig him.
Wow.  Awful.  I expected better.  :(

Bayraktar!

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on June 29, 2009, 01:36:56 AM
The "2" under the card means we travelled 2 distances right?

Yes,

BB: if you indeed want to throw Dr. Baltar to the brig, you need to go to the admiral's quarters and pass a skill check of 7 with green and purple

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on June 29, 2009, 01:47:24 AM
BB: if you indeed want to throw Dr. Baltar to the brig, you need to go to the admiral's quarters and pass a skill check of 7 with green and purple

Can't he use his cylon hatred on his own turn?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on June 29, 2009, 01:49:46 AM
Quote from: Tamas on June 29, 2009, 01:47:24 AM

Can't he use his cylon hatred on his own turn?

Ah yes he can, so the difficulty would be a mere 4.