News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[board] The Battlestar Galactica Languish Project

Started by Tamas, June 18, 2009, 09:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

I can offer one card. While we seem to be bound on passing this anyway, I would like to see this succeed as well. However I don't want to get rid of all my cards before my turn. :)

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on June 28, 2009, 12:01:26 PM
I can offer one card. While we seem to be bound on passing this anyway, I would like to see this succeed as well. However I don't want to get rid of all my cards before my turn. :)

That would suck, wouldn't it. <_<

Col. Tigh is in his quarters, sleeping.  He can not be disturbed.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

SKILL CHECK:

FOR:
Politics (yellow): 2pcs. of Investigative Comitee (5 and 3), consolidate power (2)
Leadership (green): declare emergency (5)

AGAINST:
Tactics (purple): 2pcs of Strategic Planning (4 and 3)
Engineering (blue): repair (2)

TOTAL: 15-9=6

Seeing panic spreading in the fleet following the release of photos of known cylon models, the President Declares Emergency, reducing the skill check's difficulty to 5 and thus succeeding with the check!

garbon takes a look at Berkut's loyalty card.

The Raiders move to Starbuck's space but it does not actually matter as Galactica jumps!

All ships are removed from the map, the civilian ships go back to the pool, the Vipers are returned to the reserves, Starbuck and Apollo are now in the hangar.

Admiral Berkut is going to choose between the two possible destinations.

Martinus

Wait... there are three negative cards... does it mean that someone tried to sabotage it?

Tamas

I have also sent BB his carddraw. BB if you want it to a different address during the weekend, let me know.

Barrister

Quote from: Tamas on June 28, 2009, 12:48:36 PM
I have also sent BB his carddraw. BB if you want it to a different address during the weekend, let me know.

I can access my work email at home.  I don't see an email from you though.

Tamas

Quote from: Barrister on June 28, 2009, 01:05:51 PM
Quote from: Tamas on June 28, 2009, 12:48:36 PM

I can access my work email at home.  I don't see an email from you though.

Resent it, altough should have gotten there by the first try. You need to wait until Berkut chooses destination though

Barrister

Once my turn is up any ideas what I should do?  I had thought I'd stay in weapons control and blast Cylons, but with the jump it's probably not necessary.

And yeah - I think we have a Cylon amongst us after that last crisis.  <_<

The re-send worked.

Tamas

Quote from: Barrister on June 28, 2009, 01:11:31 PM
Once my turn is up any ideas what I should do?  I had thought I'd stay in weapons control and blast Cylons, but with the jump it's probably not necessary.

And yeah - I think we have a Cylon amongst us after that last crisis.  <_<

The re-send worked.

well using a lull like this is always a nice opportunity to go to a location and draw skill cards you cant usually obtain, I think. Which reminds me, I am sending you the playaid package.

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on June 28, 2009, 12:30:42 PM
Wait... there are three negative cards... does it mean that someone tried to sabotage it?
Yes, it does.

We have Cylons amongst us.  Too bad the President played that crisis card to get a look herself, or it would look like a strong indication she was not a Cylon.  As it is, she would do that Cylon or not.   :(
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tamas

I will be sleeping very soon, but if Berkut does not show up, I will take with me to work the scans of the two possible destinations and the crisis card coming after BB's turn so do whip Berkut into making a choice while I am asleep.

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on June 28, 2009, 02:06:26 PM
Yes, it does.

We have Cylons amongst us.  Too bad the President played that crisis card to get a look herself, or it would look like a strong indication she was not a Cylon.  As it is, she would do that Cylon or not.   :(

For what it is worth (which I know is probably little because of the current hysteria), I do now know who is a cylon.  The Quorum is currently discussing whether or not to how to best release the information.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on June 28, 2009, 07:39:02 PM
For what it is worth (which I know is probably little because of the current hysteria), I do now know who is a cylon.  The Quorum is currently discussing whether or not to how to best release the information.
I am unaware of the Quorum's hysteria, but my comment was an observation, not an indictment.  You could well have known who a Cylon was from the start.  Alas, that helps us little - unless you want to tell us who BOTH Cylons are, since there is only one way you could now know that.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on June 28, 2009, 08:34:56 PM
I am unaware of the Quorum's hysteria, but my comment was an observation, not an indictment.  You could well have known who a Cylon was from the start.  Alas, that helps us little - unless you want to tell us who BOTH Cylons are, since there is only one way you could now know that.

Oh I really shouldn't have replied to you. I didn't take your statement as an indictment, although I hope you would think differently had you seen the other crisis that I had been envisioning.

Anyway, I only know of one cylon and I don't see why it would be unhelpful to share that.  I hope, Colonel Tigh, you will heed my words and move to arrest the Vice President.

Let's review the facts.  After one failed crisis, we first heard from Balthar:
Quote(I'm discounting the possibility of a Cylon risking to reveal herself so early by attempting a sabotage before we even made the first jump, but I guess we have to take into account the possibility of Cylons being stupid, as well)

and then unprovoked Balthar provided us with this gem:
QuoteWell, just to speculate here, but if Lt. Thrace was a Cylon, she could have sabotaged the crisis with her engineering, exactly because she was knowing very well that if push came to shove and it was clear there was a sabotage, it would be much easier for everyone to assume it was me and not her, seeing how I'm apparently the prime suspect around here.  :rolleyes:

which then was followed by (emphasis mine):
QuoteOOC: Baltar's "weakness" is that he starts with two loyalty cards, not one. It's enough that one of them is a Cylon and he is a Cylon. So yes, he has a higher chance to start as a Cylon than anyone else (albeit the increase is marginal imo).

Doth he protest too much? No one even accused him of anything and yet he felt the need to spur on an offensive defense.

Fast forward to the most recent crisis. Three players turned in cards: myself, the Admiral, and Balthar. Right after the almost failure (causing me to spend 4 cards in the efforts!), Balthar remarked:
QuoteWait... there are three negative cards... does it mean that someone tried to sabotage it?

That might be innocent enough, however combined with his comment about how foolish it would be to make a sabotage attempt before the first jump and his attempt to cast suspicion on Lt. Thrace under the pretense of defending himself from a non-existent accuser, his statements strike me as those that would not be made by an innocent party...but rather those of an amateurish pettifogger.  It pains me greatly to accuse one who was so recently elevated to be my right hand, but by his own admission someone attempted to sabotage that skill check and I know that the Admiral is not a cylon.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

I am hesitant to comment, since the way I see it there are only two possibilities (from anyone buy mine and garbons perspective):

1. garbon is right.
2. garbon and I are both Cylons.

There is the remote possibility that garbon is the Cylon, but decided not to accuse me in order to throw suspicion on Balthair, but that seems unlikely. If it is true, he is mighty devious.

I am not a Cylon. I hope my play has shown that to be the case. The fact that I was not accused makes me pretty sure that our President, the little hottie, is not one either.

In either case, I must choose a destination card. Can I discuss that with the other players?

Someone sabotaged that play, and *I* know it was not me - I played the 5 value card.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned