News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Lindsey Graham = American Sulla ?

Started by Jacob, March 11, 2015, 01:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

QuoteWhile visiting the Concord City Republican Committee on March 7th at the "Politics and Pies" forum, the 59-year-old Senator asserted that American ground troops would be necessary to defeat ISIS. In addition, he advocated for the reversal of defense spending cuts and, as President of the United States, Graham would restrict the movement of lawmakers until those cuts are reversed.

"...and here is the first thing I would do if I were President of the United States, I wouldn't let Congress leave town until we fix this. I would literally use the military to keep them in if I had to."

http://benswann.com/graham-military-force-congress/

Has this kind of rhetoric been used before, or is this somewhat new?

Valmy

Stupid rhetoric?  Lindsey Graham has been using it his whole life.

He sounds kind of like a radical Cordelier Club member (in his legislative tactics anyway) here though  :w00t:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

KRonn

I think Graham is usually a squishy moderate but he can get pretty fired up sometimes. He's often one of the pols out there talking about issues with the media. He is pretty smart guy but likley he's looking to run for president so is making some grandiose noise here.

Siege

Lindsey Graham is a friggin big goverment republican, enemy of low taxes, free market capitalism, and individual freedoms.

He is supported by the Chamber of Crony Commerce, the worst enemies of free market. They want to force monopolistic capitalism on our economy, and they want ot legalize all the illegal immigrants without locking the borders, meaning more illegals in the future to overwhelm our social services and steal the jobs of our citizens.

I see zero chance of he winning.

But then, last presidential election big money managed to buy the nomination of Rommney and the conservative base stayed home and didn't vote. This is what happens when the RINOs want to win the votes of the "independent" voters. They move to the left and lose the conservative base. They should know by now that they cannot take the conservative base for granted. When the repubican candidate is a RINO the base stays home and the democrats win, which makes me question what these people REALLY want. Perhaps they are confortable as the oposition party and don't really care about winning the White House.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

derspiess

I don't think anyone likes Graham at this point.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Siege on March 11, 2015, 01:38:32 PM
But then, last presidential election big money managed to buy the nomination of Rommney and the conservative base stayed home and didn't vote. This is what happens when the RINOs want to win the votes of the "independent" voters. They move to the left and lose the conservative base. They should know by now that they cannot take the conservative base for granted. When the repubican candidate is a RINO the base stays home and the democrats win, which makes me question what these people REALLY want. Perhaps they are confortable as the oposition party and don't really care about winning the White House.

This attitude will guarantee a Democratic White House for the foreseeable future.

The next step in your intellectual development Seeb, should you choose to embrace it, is to begin to think for yourself.  And to see both sides of arguments.

Grey Fox

Lindsey Graham is a friggin big goverment republican, enemy of low taxes, free market capitalism, and individual freedoms.

My kind of guy.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Habbaku

Quote from: Valmy on March 11, 2015, 01:46:42 PM
Quote from: KRonn on March 11, 2015, 01:37:05 PM
He is pretty smart guy

:lol:

Seriously.  KRonn is coming off as a naïf lately. Lindsey Graham is probably one of the worst senators in office.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Eddie Teach

On the other hand, they can move to the right and lose the independent voters* and lose the election just as easily. This is what happens when the majority of the population doesn't agree with their program.

*1/3 of the total btw, so hardly a negligible group.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Siege should take note that ideological purity gets you Libertarian Party results eventually.

KRonn

Quote from: Habbaku on March 11, 2015, 01:52:18 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 11, 2015, 01:46:42 PM
Quote from: KRonn on March 11, 2015, 01:37:05 PM
He is pretty smart guy

:lol:

Seriously.  KRonn is coming off as a naïf lately. Lindsey Graham is probably one of the worst senators in office.
He's often sought out for his views. Conservatives don't always like him for his too moderate stances, but I often like some of his views, but I'm not a fan of his nor of him running for office.

Martinus

Mme Lindsey Graham is one of the most amusing US politicians.  :bowler:

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on March 11, 2015, 03:06:00 PM
Mme Lindsey Graham is one of the most amusing US politicians.  :bowler:

:unsure:

I don't get it.

Eddie Teach

He's got a girl's name, that makes him a girl. lulz.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?