News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Asbestos devastates Montana town.

Started by jimmy olsen, June 17, 2009, 05:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Quote from: DGuller on December 28, 2011, 08:56:08 AM
I shudder to think when I remember in my youth in Ukraine, we had a couple of asbestos sheets stored in our apartment for someone to pick up.  That was in 1990ies.  For some time I couldn't grasp why in America those pretty white sheets were considered a scourge.  When I did grasp, I couldn't grasp how in Soviet Union it wasn't considered a scourge even in 1990ies.
Recently there was a news story on Kazakhstan I think it was. A town there was dependent on the local asbestos mine, still mining the stuff and still a market for it.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Because I am a fair and impartial judge.  Look at you with your preconceptions.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on December 29, 2011, 04:14:01 PM
Because I am a fair and impartial judge.  Look at you with your preconceptions.

Yes, I freely admit to my preconceptions whereas you pretend to have none.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.