It's Bibipalooza! Live, from Congress! One show only!

Started by CountDeMoney, March 03, 2015, 04:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on March 04, 2015, 12:03:49 AM
Quote from: Valmy on March 03, 2015, 11:44:06 PM
Welcome to the weirdness of US-Israel relations.

Yeah, but this is new weird.

Not really;  this is the just big fight out in the yard in front of everybody for a change, when before it was just inside and everybody knew it was happening but ignored it.  Now everybody's shit's just tossed all out over the yard, somebody's screaming in their underwear, and the neighbors decided to finally call the cops.  Iran is posting the video as we speak.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 04, 2015, 12:06:56 AM

Not really;  this is the just big fight out in the yard in front of everybody for a change, when before it was just inside and everybody knew it was happening but ignored it.  Now everybody's shit's just tossed all out over the yard, somebody's screaming in their underwear, and the neighbors decided to finally call the cops.  Iran is posting the video as we speak.

It's better sometimes to have it all out in the open. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Israel thinks itself way too important. Iran has other cats to put down first whenever it gets a Nuclear deterent.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 04, 2015, 08:28:51 AM
Israel thinks itself way too important. Iran has other cats to put down first whenever it gets a Nuclear deterent.

Disagree:  if there's one thing that a Sunni and Shi'ite can agree upon, it's the Jew has to go first.

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on March 04, 2015, 08:18:57 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 04, 2015, 12:06:56 AM

It's better sometimes to have it all out in the open. :)

It's certainly better for the enemies of the US and Israel.  :)
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

I just do not know what Bibi is thinking.  One of the things that Republicans and Democrats agree on is that they support Israel.  Going after one party and turning support for Israel into a partisan issue would be a disaster for Israeli interests.  Just puzzling.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on March 04, 2015, 08:58:25 AM
I just do not know what Bibi is thinking.  One of the things that Republicans and Democrats agree on is that they support Israel.  Going after one party and turning support for Israel into a partisan issue would be a disaster for Israeli interests.  Just puzzling.

There is a large portion of the Israeli public, including many Likud voters and theoretically netanyahu, that view Obama as biased against Israel. It seems unlikely that Netanyaho and Obama have much of a working relationship to damage.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/post/why-do-sarkozy-and-obama-hate-netanyahu/2011/11/08/gIQAPqRQ1M_blog.html 
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Obama is a lame duck.  Going after him just poisons the water for Israel if the Democrats win the 2016 election.  Does Bibi really want Israeli interests tied to the Republican party?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on March 04, 2015, 09:23:52 AM
Obama is a lame duck.  Going after him just poisons the water for Israel if the Democrats win the 2016 election.  Does Bibi really want Israeli interests tied to the Republican party?

I doubt the speech is going to have long term implications for the Democratic candidate's/party's stance on Israel. The 2016 democratic candidate is going to run on standing with israel same as always.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on March 04, 2015, 09:31:01 AM

I doubt the speech is going to have long term implications for the Democratic candidate's/party's stance on Israel. The 2016 democratic candidate is going to run on standing with israel same as always.

Not if Democratic voters and interests get pissed off.

CountDeMoney

Does Bibi really want Israeli interests tied to the Republican party?

I think what Bibi really wants is there to be no confusion and for nobody to be surprised when, once everything is said and done, Israel finally decides to preemptively strike Iran.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 04, 2015, 09:33:29 AM
Does Bibi really want Israeli interests tied to the Republican party?

I think what Bibi really wants is there to be no confusion and for nobody to be surprised when, once everything is said and done, Israel finally decides to preemptively strike Iran.

Since everybody has been saying this is going to happen any day now since 2003 I think he is safe on that one.

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on March 04, 2015, 09:31:59 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on March 04, 2015, 09:31:01 AM

Not if Democratic voters and interests get pissed off.

Over this speech? This is a few day story that will be forgotten the next time Lindsay Lohan gets arrested.

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on March 04, 2015, 09:37:01 AM
Over this speech? This is a few day story that will be forgotten the next time Lindsay Lohan gets arrested.

Lindsay Lohan got arrested?  *runs off*

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on March 04, 2015, 09:34:49 AM
Since everybody has been saying this is going to happen any day now since 2003 I think he is safe on that one.

It should've been us, though.  :(  Right after the Axis of Evil speech, when the French told the world what was going on at Natanz and Arak.

But noooooooooooo...Saddam tried to whack mah Daddy, don't mess with Texas, heh-heh-heh, Freedom Fries, *cokesnort*, etc.