News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Blood Bowl coming out on the 26th June 2009

Started by Syt, June 17, 2009, 02:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: Tamas on June 25, 2009, 04:17:00 AM
There are people on the official forum reporting to downloading it. I guess it wont get activated until Friday 1AM

Ah yeah, the email codes to unlock are still 12hours away, but you can dl'd.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tamas

Good news: the Blood Blowers who have got their games have a very positive opinion on the AI.

Barrister

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on June 25, 2009, 04:17:54 AM
I'm gonna wait for some player feedback, but hopefully will get it soon.

Never played before, but am thinking about Dwarf or Skaven.

Same here.  If it gets good reviews I'kk pick it up.

In tabletop I always tended to play elves, either high or dark.  Not out of any huge fondness for elves per se, but I like a fast-moving, quick-passing game.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

Strangely enough, not only I am downloading it right now, I also seem to have received my keys for it.

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

DisturbedPervert

Tamas

Tamas

played a bit of two campaign games in classic mode (should be 100% recreation of the current living rules) normal AI just tears me into tiny pieces because i only barely know what i am doing and my lizardmen suck.

Tamas

got my first touchdown! :D

Funny events: some fans running in and kicking down some players. And another one KILLING a player of mine by hurling a big rock right to his face

Tamas

Won my first proper game against humans (as lizardmen) 2-1, scored on the last turn.

Then went against a dwarf team and boy they were hardcore: when they got the ball, the carrier went back while his mates pwned my guys then sort of waltzed in.

It was not that hard to sneak through their ranks with my little lizards though, so it was 1-1 after halftime, but then could not stop the dwarf tank corps and lost 2-1

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on June 25, 2009, 02:05:12 PM
got my first touchdown! :D

Funny events: some fans running in and kicking down some players. And another one KILLING a player of mine by hurling a big rock right to his face

Sounds like Eagles fans. After all, they pelted Santa with snowballs.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

Alright so far the game has lived up to what I was hoping for. I can only imagine the degree of strategic planning necessary against a veteran real opponent.  :o

The beginner tournament I was in had 3 other teams, the humans I defeated, the dwarfs who defeated me in a close game, and the skaven who destroyed me. I manage to reach playoffs and saved the game at half-time with the dwarfs. After one fumbling per side a little lizard of mine ALMOST got through 2 dwarfs near the right sideline but the second one managed to knock him down, from that until halftime it was a brawl for the ball basically.

Commentators are getting boring already but they have some good lines like on asking something like "I dont get why the lizardmen aren't winning more games. They have both fast players and strong players" Answer from the other: "yeah but the other way to look at it is that they have very weak players, and players who can't hold the ball". :D

Tamas

A useful thread for new players with even more useful links to extensive race-specific articles:

http://www.cyanide-studio.com/forumBB/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=273

I think we should organize a Languish mini-leauge so people can abandon it like they do all these Languish plans.

Alatriste

Quote from: Tamas on June 26, 2009, 06:26:19 AM
A useful thread for new players with even more useful links to extensive race-specific articles:

http://www.cyanide-studio.com/forumBB/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=273

I think we should organize a Languish mini-leauge so people can abandon it like they do all these Languish plans.

That's the problem with Anarchy: it's full of anarchists.

bogh

Apart from the fact that you all suck, since you've all been ignoring my constant suggestions that we make a languish fumbbl-league, I am still drawn to this.

What races are available now? Are they adding more along the way?