News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Toronto Tunnel Speculation Thread

Started by Malthus, February 25, 2015, 10:26:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

derspiess

I've thought of building a section of trench line in my back yard.  For shits & giggles.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Malthus on March 02, 2015, 04:19:13 PM
Awesome. The answer was: hosers burrowing to make a play fort.  :lol:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-tunnel-dug-by-2-men-as-man-cave-police-say-1.2978109

That's a great PIO, by the way.  None of that copspeak bullshit you get down here.  "Upon which time the two subjects in question began to construct an artificial underground passage for non-criminal purposes."

derspiess

A little too good if you ask me.  Starting to think this dude might be covering for a Chicom spy ring that is digging a connecting tunnel to the one being dug from the mainland (a la Battle Beneath the Earth).
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on February 26, 2015, 08:02:56 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 26, 2015, 07:56:17 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 26, 2015, 07:52:07 PM
I'm beginning to think Grumbler is losing his mind.

Bullshit.  He knows exactly where it is.
In this case, it's in Bored of the Rings.  Not that I'd expect to find a copy of that work in Raz's family's basement.

I was never amused by Dildo jokes.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Yup, nothing to see here.  Just digging it to dig it.  Yeah, that's the ticket.  Hanging out.  Chillin.

*hides PLA bugle*

Josephus

Ended up being a pretty boring story after all. Typically Canadian.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Monoriu

I am just thinking, if it were the Chinese or Japanese police investigating the case, they'll never take "we just dug a tunnel for fun" as an answer.  They'll beat the crap out of those guys until they confess to hiding aliens or trying to plant a bomb or something :lol:

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on March 02, 2015, 04:54:38 PM
I've thought of building a section of trench line in my back yard.  For shits & giggles.

Burnside will blow up part of it and send the darkies in.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Monoriu on March 02, 2015, 08:37:35 PM
I am just thinking, if it were the Chinese or Japanese police investigating the case, they'll never take "we just dug a tunnel for fun" as an answer.  They'll beat the crap out of those guys until they confess to hiding aliens or trying to plant a bomb or something :lol:
Yeah, let's laugh about forcing false confessions out of people with torture!  :rolleyes:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess