Bruce Dickinson has cancer. Of the tongue.

Started by MadImmortalMan, February 20, 2015, 08:16:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

God hates this planet.

BRUCE DICKINSON UNDERGOES CANCER TREATMENT

Published: Feb 19, 2015

Just before Christmas, Maiden vocalist Bruce Dickinson visited his doctor for a routine check-up. This led to tests and biopsies which revealed a small cancerous tumour at the back of his tongue. A seven week course of chemotherapy and radiology treatment was completed yesterday. As the tumour was caught in the early stages, the prognosis thankfully is extremely good. Bruce's medical team fully expect him to make a complete recovery with the all clear envisaged by late May. It will then take a further few months for Bruce to get back to full fitness. In the meantime we would ask for your patience, understanding and respect for Bruce and his family's privacy until we update everyone by the end of May. Bruce is doing very well considering the circumstances and the whole team are very positive

I don't want to be so selfish to hope he gets back on stage, but hopefully he can at least get back in the pilot's chair.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Caliga

My brother and I saw that the other day and were crying about it.  :cry:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

celedhring

Oliver Sacks said yesterday he is dying of cancer too. He got to 81 at least. What a brilliant mind.

Dickinson's lot seem optimistic, though. They seem to have caught it early.

Duque de Bragança

Yep, seems he has better odds than Slayer's Hanneman.

viper37

Saw that too, so sad.  Hopefully, the prognostic is good and everything will be ok.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"