News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Song Lyrics - Truth and Lies.

Started by mongers, February 18, 2015, 08:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

What song lyrics do You find particularly true and for that matter dishonest or wrong?

Just listening to an ok Yes album, Big Generator and one of the songs has this as the main lyrics:

"Love Will Find a Way, If You Want It To."

Sorry, but that's just wrong, I think anyone who's reach 15, say 18 at the outside, will know that's patently soppy and doesn't work in the real world.*

* Just my opinion, who knows perhaps it has worked for someone?  :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

I love that song (then again, I love most every Yes song). :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: mongers on February 18, 2015, 08:23:33 PM
Oh and I personally have found this to be true. :ph34r:

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on February 18, 2015, 08:24:50 PM
I love that song (then again, I love most every Yes song). :)

Yeah, its a relatively under-rated album and the songs are good, just much of the lyrics don't bear scrutiny, it's manly love songs isn't it?

Actually thinking about it, a girl,the best friend of a female friend, have me that album years ago; I wonder if she was trying to communicate something?  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

Keeping in the same basic genre, I will put forth 'The Logical Song' by Supertramp as having especially true lyrics, at least to me.

Caliga

Quote from: mongers on February 18, 2015, 08:29:40 PM
Actually thinking about it, a girl,the best friend of a female friend, have me that album years ago; I wonder if she was trying to communicate something?  :hmm:
I'm still trying to figure out how women communicate, man.

11B4V

What song lyrics do You find particularly true and for that matter dishonest or wrong?

Just listening to an ok Yes album, Big Generator and one of the songs has this as the main lyrics:

Sorry, but that's just wrong, I think anyone who's reach 15, say 18 at the outside, will know that's patently soppy and doesn't work in the real world.*

* Just my opinion, who knows perhaps it has worked for someone?  :D
I don't think there is anything your with what the song is saying. Other than you pulling the chorus
out of context.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

I have found these lyrics to be true. "Istanbul was Constantinople. Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople."
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

dps

True:  "Life is useless like Ecclesiastes says".

The Brain

"This is how Canadian administrative law works:"

The hell it is.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

LaCroix

i can't pay attention to song lyrics. :( i can listen to a song three hundred times and have no idea what it says.

Norgy

I am unsure of the veracity of the line "There's no business like show business".

Valmy

Well I guess it depends on what love is supposed to find its way to :hmm:

"In the jungle, the mighty jungle
The lion sleeps tonight"

I mean WTF?  Lions don't live in the jungle they live in the savannah.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on February 18, 2015, 08:27:51 PM
Oh and I personally have found this to be true. :ph34r:

I don't think the lyrics are referring to the use of Rohypnol.  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

frunk

None of the Sheenas I know are punk rockers.