And we're back!

Main Menu

Song Lyrics - Truth and Lies.

Started by mongers, February 18, 2015, 08:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)

Josephus

Yes arent especially known for their lyrics. I mean they had a hit song with the lyrics "mountains come out of sky and they stand there"

:D

Don't get me wrong. I love the band.

A seasoned witch could call you from the depths of your disgrace, And rearrange your liver to the solid mental grace
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Josephus on February 19, 2015, 12:49:45 PM

The Band is great. Especially "The Weight" and "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down".
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Yes arent especially known for their lyrics. I mean they had a hit song with the lyrics "mountains come out of sky and they stand there"

I actually sang that line over and over again to the point that my wife yelled at me once.  I couldn't get it out of my head. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Another thing I sometimes sing to Princesca when I'm leaving to come home from a business trip is "Mama, I'm Coming Home" by Ozzy.  So I guess those lyrics are true also. :)

mongers

A seasoned witch could call you from the depths of your disgrace, And rearrange your liver to the solid mental grace

Oh yeah, Jon Anderson 'wrote the book' on obtuse song lyrics.

Oddly Big Generator, probably has some of their most intelligible songs on it.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on February 19, 2015, 09:01:07 AM
Quote from: mongers on February 18, 2015, 08:23:33 PM
"Love Will Find a Way, If You Want It To."

Sorry, but that's just wrong, I think anyone who's reach 15, say 18 at the outside, will know that's patently soppy and doesn't work in the real world.*

Well I guess it depends on what love is supposed to find its way to :hmm:

"In the jungle, the mighty jungle
The lion sleeps tonight"

I mean WTF?  Lions don't live in the jungle they live in the savannah.

Wimoweh wimoweh wimoweh wimoweh is fine then?   :glare:

Admiral Yi

I always pronounce that "a-wimowek."

mongers

That song was shite when it first came out, I can't begin to imagine how bad a Marty-Yi duet would be.  :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on February 19, 2015, 03:51:34 PM
That song was shite when it first came out, I can't begin to imagine how bad a Marty-Yi duet would be.  :D

That sounds like a Drunken Karaoke Challenge.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Norgy

There'd be horsemen, four in all, coming when "play" was pressed.

Caliga

I heard it as "oh-wimoweh, oh-wimoweh"

Admiral Yi

I sing backup on that song every couple weeks with an autistic kid who's a regular at my hang.

Caliga

so "yeah oh-wimoweh, definitely oh-wimoweh"?  :hmm:

Josephus

Quote from: mongers on February 19, 2015, 01:46:35 PM

Oh yeah, Jon Anderson 'wrote the book' on obtuse song lyrics.

Oddly Big Generator, probably has some of their most intelligible songs on it.

Cause Trevor Rabin wrote them?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011