Lithuanian Parliament adopts gay "promotion" ban

Started by Martinus, June 17, 2009, 10:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Quote from: Martinus on June 17, 2009, 10:16:17 AM
UK, France, Germany (some forms of civil unions)
Czech Republic, Hungary (civil unions but some homophobia)
Germany certainly has its fair share of homophobes too and homosexuals are not treated equally in all aspects either, e.g. in civil service renumeration or the military.

I find it disconcerting that such a law is even legal in an EU country. Shouldn't they have signed the EU Charter of Human Rights?

Martinus

Quote from: Zanza2 on June 17, 2009, 10:47:14 AM
Quote from: Martinus on June 17, 2009, 10:16:17 AM
UK, France, Germany (some forms of civil unions)
Czech Republic, Hungary (civil unions but some homophobia)
Germany certainly has its fair share of homophobes too and homosexuals are not treated equally in all aspects either, e.g. in civil service renumeration or the military.

I find it disconcerting that such a law is even legal in an EU country. Shouldn't they have signed the EU Charter of Human Rights?
It's not the law yet thanks to fucking Irish. And it is not illegal under the current EU law - for example, the Thatcherite section 28 was essentially the same.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Neil

I really like the assorted Baltic peoples.  They often do things properly.  Hate Russia, and hate Martinus.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Martinus

Baltics are like the more extreme, more fucked up version of Poland - Poles collaborated with nazis, Baltics formed SS divisions; we have mild homophobia, they have it institutionalized; we have Russo-phobia, they break human rights; we had pogroms, they had national football teams participate in "Jew hunts" for fun.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on June 17, 2009, 11:04:09 AM
Baltics are like the more extreme, more fucked up version of Poland - Poles collaborated with nazis, Baltics formed SS divisions;
The Balts were right to form divisions to fight the Russians.  Maybe if the Poles were less cowardly, they might have done the same, rather than going after defenseless Jews.
Quotewe have mild homophobia, they have it institutionalized;
That means that Baltics > Poland.
Quotewe have Russo-phobia, they break human rights;
You can't 'break' human rights.  At any rate, this looks like another example of Baltics > Poland.
Quotewe had pogroms, they had national football teams participate in "Jew hunts" for fun.
We'll call this a tie, since Poland collaborated with the Holocaust.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.