Utah House Votes to Bring Back Execution by Firing Squad

Started by jimmy olsen, February 15, 2015, 10:32:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: grumbler on February 16, 2015, 11:36:08 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on February 16, 2015, 11:32:50 AM
Quote from: Kleves on February 16, 2015, 11:19:25 AM
My understanding is that, in the Japanese system, the prisoners don't know the date of their execution. Instead, they are told the day of. That means they have to wake up every day, knowing that it might be their last. That's some Dread Pirate Roberts shit right there.

I don't know--it kind of seems like the system Jesus has imposed on all of us.

You've been kidnapped by some Hispanic named Jesus?

And he keeps on about loving him and I'm supposed to be on my knees before him.  :(
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller

My understanding is that, in the Japanese system, the prisoners don't know the date of their execution. Instead, they are told the day of. That means they have to wake up every day, knowing that it might be their last. That's some Dread Pirate Roberts shit right there.

I think he was talking about Mr. Christ.

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on February 16, 2015, 11:41:33 AM

I think he was talking about Mr. Christ.
Mr. J. Christ has not, insofar as I know, imposed anything on Mr. A. Russel and family. Unless there is something Mr. A. Russel isn't telling us about (presumably involving stigmata and the like).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on February 16, 2015, 10:09:14 AM
I thought it odd that he was posting that shortly after we had just had a discussion about a Euro killer who seemed to get too little time for his previous violent attempt.

You guys commenting on the Danish justice system is about as insightful and relevant as Euros commenting on the US system - with the difference that that Euros tend to be more relevant as they are at least exposed to the US media.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Maximus

Eddie Teach

The Danish sure know how to make breakfast pastries.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on February 16, 2015, 03:48:03 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 16, 2015, 03:37:05 PM
And I give a fuck because? :)

And I give a fuck about your fuck-giving because? :)

I've no idea why you posted that initial post I quoted. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on February 16, 2015, 05:45:45 PM
Quote from: Jacob on February 16, 2015, 03:48:03 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 16, 2015, 03:37:05 PM
And I give a fuck because? :)

And I give a fuck about your fuck-giving because? :)

I've no idea why you posted that initial post I quoted. :(

It's alright, no worries :)

Josquius

Sounds very Japanese.
The entire justice system there seems to be heavily based around psychological torture.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Zoupa on February 15, 2015, 11:37:00 PM
How bout y'all don't kill prisoners instead?

/euro ball of light

We tried that for several decades and it didn't take.  Not sure why.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Baron von Schtinkenbutt