News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Social Shaming

Started by Sheilbh, February 12, 2015, 09:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warspite

Dry or off-piste humour, regrettably, has no place on the Internet thanks to the baying mob that delights in taking offence.

Incidentally, you guys all know that Languish is now Googleable, right..?  :ph34r:
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

MadImmortalMan

Hopefully not TBR...   :ph34r:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 12, 2015, 09:26:43 PM
Question for our German posters: how common is deoderant use these days?

Very. The only smelly people I encounter are usually on public transport and fall into two categories:
- laborers who are heading home from work and haven't had a chance to shower (which is rare)
- homeless or near homeless people/boozers who smell of alcohol and body odor (about once a month or so)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Syt on February 13, 2015, 06:11:56 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 12, 2015, 09:26:43 PM
Question for our German posters: how common is deoderant use these days?

Very. The only smelly people I encounter are usually on public transport and fall into two categories:
- laborers who are heading home from work and haven't had a chance to shower (which is rare)
- homeless or near homeless people/boozers who smell of alcohol and body odor (about once a month or so)

We haven't met yet, have we?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

There are many monsters out there who delight in destruction for its own sake.

Who the fuck googles their dates btw? I never do that, I consider it a bit rude.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grallon

Stupid cunt; she couldn't resist the allure of staging her own micro-drama.  I hope she's enjoying her 15 minutes of fame.  :glare:

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Valmy

Quote from: Grallon on February 13, 2015, 08:26:00 AM
Stupid cunt; she couldn't resist the allure of staging her own micro-drama.  I hope she's enjoying her 15 minutes of fame.  :glare:

Eh, I guess I shouldn't be surprised this is your take on the matter.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Gawker media strikes again.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

G.

Gral made a misogynistic comment.  LETS GET HIM
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on February 13, 2015, 09:24:20 AM

I thought that was actually a comparatively moderate take by Gral.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

HVC

Quote from: derspiess on February 13, 2015, 09:24:20 AM

G.

twitter or it didn't happen
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

garbon

QuoteRecently, I wrote to Sacco to tell her I was putting her story in The Times, and I asked her to meet me one final time to update me on her life. Her response was speedy. "No way." She explained that she had a new job in communications, though she wouldn't say where. She said, "Anything that puts the spotlight on me is a negative."

This is odd given that Justine Sacco given that she agreed to be interviewed for this journalist's book. Buzzfeed and a few outlets were reporting on this interview back in December (with larger outfits now covering it), so it looks like a rather poor move for someone who wants to stay out of the spotlight.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on February 13, 2015, 09:34:54 AM
Buzzfeed and a few outlets were reporting on this interview back in December (with larger outfits now covering it), so it looks like a rather poor move for someone who wants to stay out of the spotlight.

Is this the revisionist, counter-piling on phase?