News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Cities:Skylines

Started by Rex Francorum, February 10, 2015, 11:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Syt on October 27, 2023, 02:27:09 PMSitting on the other side of the equation for the past few years, having to manage user expectations, struggling against deadlines, wrangling external teams to deliver something that fits our requirements, and seeing all the things that could be improved in the product if only you had the time in money, I have become a lot more sympathetic to the developers/producers point of view. -_-

:hug:

... I didn't realize you've become involved in game dev. What's the story?

Syt

Not game dev but product manager for our company's backend software for managing the franchise network data, reporting etc.   Kinda stumbled into that because they needed someone with strong knowledge of our business processes for the project. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jacob

Quote from: Syt on October 28, 2023, 01:03:41 AMNot game dev but product manager for our company's backend software for managing the franchise network data, reporting etc.   Kinda stumbled into that because they needed someone with strong knowledge of our business processes for the project. :P

Good times, I'm sure :hug:

Syt

So, C:S2 seems to be in stormy waters.

Recently the devs said that they'll stop their "Word of the Week" posts and that future bug fixes will be deployed with "milestone releases" (= DLC). This, of course, went over not very well, with several major issues still to be addressed (e.g. a land values that spiral out of proportion making making housing difficult to attain for Cims - though maybe intended commentary on the housing market :P ). Then this week the "Word of the Week" returned with this intro:

QuoteLast Monday I said we would be taking a break from these weekly posts due to the lack of concrete news and that we would come back when there's something to share regarding updates to the game. On Tuesday I received a call from Sweden. It seems there was an overwhelming amount of feedback from you wanting to hear from us developers weekly. Thank you for all the lovely messages, we really appreciate it!

The last sentence seems more than a tad sarcastic (previously the company had said that they were reconsidering their communications with the community, because while they feel that criticism is warranted and welcome there's too much toxicity/personal attacks directed at the devs).

Several big C:S YouTubers meanwhile have said they will scale back their C:S2 content because there's too many critical issues/bugs to have enjoyable (and long lasting) games.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Solmyr

It's kinda amazing how they managed to fuck this up.