And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishtahs that annoy you the most?

Started by Siege, February 10, 2015, 04:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on February 11, 2015, 01:22:34 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 11, 2015, 12:32:25 PM
Schtick is a Yiddish word.  Embrace the culture of your cousins Seeb.
Yeah, that surprised me too.

I don't see why;  Sheepherdic and Ashtrayzi Jews don't form the same Yiddish backbone.

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on February 11, 2015, 12:57:13 PM
Quote from: mongers on February 11, 2015, 12:50:21 PM
It's alright Seigy, I got to the bathroom and sometimes ask myself stupid questions like "Well...How did I get here?" "How do I work this?" "This is not my beautiful house" " "This is not my beautiful wife".  :hmm:

That must be awkward for the husband of the wife.

You're just a talking head.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

celedhring

Back in the good old times of EUOT Siege tried to convince me to convert to Judaism once he found out I have Jewish ancestors. So he cares.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on February 11, 2015, 01:33:43 PM
Back in the good old times of EUOT Siege tried to convince me to convert to Judaism once he found out I have Jewish ancestors. So he cares.

I bet you think of him fondly every time you recite the Shema.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on February 11, 2015, 12:57:13 PM
It's alright Seigy, I got to the bathroom and sometimes ask myself stupid questions like "Well...How did I get here?" "How do I work this?" "This is not my beautiful house" " "This is not my beautiful wife".  :hmm:

That must be awkward for the husband of the wife.

Even more awkward if he is the Talking Heads' IP lawyer.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Malthus on February 11, 2015, 01:39:00 PM

Actually, he was cool with it.  As far as he was concerned, it was all water flowing underground. :P
Experience bij!

Malthus

Quote from: DontSayBanana on February 11, 2015, 01:44:08 PM
Quote from: Malthus on February 11, 2015, 01:39:00 PM

Actually, he was cool with it.  As far as he was concerned, it was all water flowing underground. :P

That was after the money's gone, though.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

crazy canuck

"Well...How did I get here?" "How do I work this?" "This is not my beautiful house" " "This is not my beautiful wife".

Same thoughts come to my mind from time to time when I am in a contemplative mood.  Then I take another sip of Port and let the wisdom of the Talking Heads pass from thought.

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 11, 2015, 01:30:41 PM
I don't see why;  Sheepherdic and Ashtrayzi Jews don't form the same Yiddish backbone.
I know, it just seems weird to me that a Jew wouldn't know that word, even though there's a logical reason in his case.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on February 11, 2015, 03:09:16 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 11, 2015, 01:30:41 PM
I know, it just seems weird to me that a Jew wouldn't know that word, even though there's a logical reason in his case.

Stop pigeonholing Jews.  That's Europe's thing.   :mad:

derspiess

That's it-- next time I have a question about Jews I'm asking Seedy.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 11, 2015, 02:04:55 PM
"Well...How did I get here?" "How do I work this?" "This is not my beautiful house" " "This is not my beautiful wife".

Same thoughts come to my mind from time to time when I am in a contemplative mood.  Then I take another sip of Port and let the wisdom of the Talking Heads pass from thought.
It's my favorite song of all time. :)

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on February 11, 2015, 04:20:09 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 11, 2015, 02:04:55 PM

It's my favorite song of all time. :)

What's up with the remastered album, there seems to be a lot more material mixed in and it's mixed different to the 'classic' tape I used to listen too in the car ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"