News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Safe space or free speech?

Started by Sheilbh, February 10, 2015, 04:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

Well, basically being born here is sort of a silver spoon in hand.
Compared to most of my mates, I am fairly low down the ladder. Lost a few years due to rampant alcoholism and that.
But I've picked myself up again, and things aren't as bad as they could've been.

A car, a flat that I own and a decent income isn't too bad.

Warspite

QuoteYou got: Upper Class
You're pretty rich, you're pretty important, and you don't see why anybody should have a problem with that. Money's there to be spent, not talked about, and you don't see why you should be ashamed about living life the way you want to live it - or why everybody thinks you've got it easy. If you were a vehicle, you would be a luxury yacht, sailing on a sea of the oppressed masses.

I'm not rich, but I would like a yacht to sail over the oppressed masses.

BBC test pegs me as an Emergent Service Worker.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Norgy

mongers

Quote from: Norgy on February 10, 2015, 05:56:32 PM
You'll soon be: Boris Johnson.

Yeah, when is he ever going to emerge and do some work?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

Quote from: Warspite on February 10, 2015, 05:38:18 PM
BBC test pegs me as an Emergent Service Worker.
Same but with opposite Buzzfeed results. Of course the upper class and lower working class have a few things in common. Like not giving a fuck what other people think.

QuoteYeah, when is he ever going to emerge and do some work?
:o We have a cable car AND we're getting a garden bridge!
Let's bomb Russia!

dps

I got "New Affluent Workers".  The description is so far wrong for me that I think I might have answered something incorrectly.

derspiess

Quote from: dps on February 10, 2015, 08:31:32 PM
I got "New Affluent Workers".  The description is so far wrong for me that I think I might have answered something incorrectly.

You're definitely buying the first round, moneybags :cheers:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

I would go with buzzfeed being more accurate. Bbc gave me elite while buzzfeed gave me aspirational middle class.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on February 11, 2015, 08:41:16 AM
I would go with buzzfeed being more accurate. Bbc gave me elite while buzzfeed gave me aspirational middle class.

Same on both counts.

The Larch

The problem with the BBC test is translating incomes and savings from other countries into British ones.

Valmy

As a member of the buzzfeed working class I look forward to murdering you in your bed when the revolution comes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: The Larch on February 11, 2015, 08:52:43 AM
The problem with the BBC test is translating incomes and savings from other countries into British ones.

Well I used my hopefully soon to be British salary and my savings are but a pittance. :weep:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on February 11, 2015, 08:55:14 AM

As a member of the buzzfeed working class I look forward to murdering you in your bed when the revolution comes.

Just be quick about it! :hug:

Admiral Yi

Isn't Buzzfeed American?  Why are they using British stuff?

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 11, 2015, 09:15:23 AM
Isn't Buzzfeed American?  Why are they using British stuff?

I believe they have offices in at least the UK, India and Australia now. They regularly feature content for locals of those areas.