And we're back!

Main Menu

new PC build

Started by Caliga, February 07, 2015, 06:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Getting ready to pull the trigger on this for Princesca:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Caliga/saved/xNCtt6

May also add an aftermarket CPU cooler, since Intel stock coolers are almost always junk.  I have a spare 750W power supply so that's why there isn't one on the list.  Also, I may add a DVD burner to this build.

Feel free to criticize, comment, etc.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Liep

[Vricklund]Case is ugly. :yuk:[/Vricklund]

Looks pretty solid to my untrained eyes.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Caliga

Whenever I see a gaming nerd brag about how awesome their case looks, I reach for my Beretta.

Grey Fox

It's an i5 you are not overclocking, there is no need for an aftermarket cooler.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Norgy

Good setup. Although I would've splashed for a 970 card.

DGuller

Quote from: Caliga on February 08, 2015, 08:23:29 AM
Whenever I see a gaming nerd brag about how awesome their case looks, I reach for my Beretta.
Which part of it?

Tonitrus

MAH MOUNTING SCREWS

Caliga

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 08, 2015, 09:06:53 AM
It's an i5 you are not overclocking, there is no need for an aftermarket cooler.
Yeah I've decided against it.  If she starts bitching about fan noise maybe I'll put one in later.

Norgy

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 08, 2015, 09:06:53 AM

I disagree. The 4xxx series run hot, due to their size.
I'd go for a small ready-made water loop like the Corsair h40.

DGuller

Does custom CPU fan reduce the noise?  My new PC has the stock CPU fan, and I definitely get an audio version of the CPU utilization plot with it.

Norgy

Depends on what you buy, really.

Noctua sell some great coolers with fans that are much less audible than the stock one.
I've also had custom coolers that were terribly loud and not very cool.

Once I went with Corsair's closed-loop liquid coolers, I've never looked back. Cool, quiet and easy to install.

Grey Fox

Maybe they do but first take care of your case fans.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tonitrus

I was hoping this....

..would have been developed by the time I need a new computer/case.  But it looks like it's dead in the water.

Norgy

I think Thermaltake have some really expensive and silly ones.  :hug:

DontSayBanana

Not to mention they're invariably wrong- they almost always say that about cases with transparent panels and effect lighting.

To me, those look like somebody took a game of Operation and ran neon lighting around it.  A pretty case is one that doesn't stand out (Mac G5 is one of the prettiest, in my book).
Experience bij!