Stronger than Titanium, Cheap as Dirt: New Steel Alloy Shines

Started by jimmy olsen, February 06, 2015, 09:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

Quote from: The Brain on February 06, 2015, 01:37:43 PM
Virtual reality was already a joke more than 20 years ago.

Beneath A Steel Sky: "Virtual reality? Not that old turkey!"
Sam & Max Hit the Road: "This is virtual reality? I may be sick."

What I mean is, people made fun of cars at the beginning, slower and pricier than horse carriages. Look at the roads today.
Same with VR.
All technologies have maturation process.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Valmy

It disturbs me that my faith and confidence in technology to solve the worlds problems has me aligned with Siege so much.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on February 06, 2015, 01:48:55 PM
It disturbs me that my faith and confidence in technology to solve the worlds problems has me aligned with Siege so much.
Same
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Siege

Oh well. You can always go and be a fuckin caveman believing all kinds of millennial fairy tales.
The entire history of mankind is the history of technological development, and our destiny is to conquer not our little solar system, not even our galaxy, but the entire fuckin universe.
Well, not literally. Post singularity civs don't need to conquer. They don't have the economic or ideological motivation to expand. But at least we will explore the universe, in our invisible nanoscale starships, crewed by a single AI, most likely an uploaded human mind, enhanced of course.

grumbler

Quote from: Siege on February 08, 2015, 03:27:57 AM
Oh well. You can always go and be a fuckin caveman believing all kinds of millennial fairy tales.
The entire history of mankind is the history of technological development, and our destiny is to conquer not our little solar system, not even our galaxy, but the entire fuckin universe.
Well, not literally. Post singularity civs don't need to conquer. They don't have the economic or ideological motivation to expand. But at least we will explore the universe, in our invisible nanoscale starships, crewed by a single AI, most likely an uploaded human mind, enhanced of course.

When Siege posts like this, I can't tell whether he is abandoning his moron schtick, or taking it to a new level.  :D
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

PDH

Quote from: grumbler on February 08, 2015, 03:12:39 PM
When Siege posts like this, I can't tell whether he is abandoning his moron schtick, or taking it to a new level.  :D

It's both at once.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

You know what was stronger than Titanium last night? My Neurontin fueled erection.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 08, 2015, 06:48:09 PM
You know what was stronger than Titanium last night? My Neurontin fueled erection.

Man of steel, woman of kleenex.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Siege

Oh shit, Man of Steel. Now I get it.
Those dudes in unhollywood need to become more open in their sexuallity.