News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What do you iron first?

Started by Monoriu, June 16, 2009, 09:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Null vote: a family of Koreans do it for me at the dry cleaners.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Monoriu on June 16, 2009, 09:50:19 PM
I've been locked in the great ironing debate with my mother in law recently. 

Basically, we don't iron the clothes immediately after they are washed.  They are put in a post-wash zone for a few days.  When "ironing day" comes, my priority is to clear the post-wash zone as quickly as I can.  Clothes that are left in the zone for too long become smelly, especially if they are not dried 100%.  That means, bed sheets get top priority, because they occupy the most space and are the most difficult the dry. 

Suits get the lowest priority, because they are dry cleaned and don't get into the zone in the first place.  For me, the purpose of ironing is to facilitate storage, to keep the clothes dry and to reduce space required. 

MIL adopts a completely different view.  She is an ironing maniac, and thinks that even pajamas and underwear need to be ironed.  In her ideal world, everything I wear should be ironed the day before I wear them. 

Her criteria is very simple.  Whatever that could be seen receives top priority.  For her, ironing is to make us look good.  Things that cannot be seen receives the lowest priority.  In other words, suits get the highest priority, while bed sheets get the lowest, exactly the opposite of me  <_<

Do us a favor, Mono.  Drop us advance word or a PM or something, so when you finally pop and make MSNBC's front page for your inevitable killing spree and incredible, defies- the-laws-of-physics suicide, we want to know it was you.

Zanza

My shirts and suits are ironed by someone else at the laundry. I am too lazy to iron anything else. So no order at all.

BVN

I think I tried to iron three times in my life. I think it's best I not try again...

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

DisturbedPervert

I don't iron anything.  Either my girlfriend or the laundry service in my apartment does it.

Ed Anger

An ironing board is an unstable platform to have sex on.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 17, 2009, 07:37:36 AM

Is first hand experience why you have a bum leg?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 17, 2009, 07:48:24 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 17, 2009, 07:37:36 AM

Is first hand experience why you have a bum leg?

That was falling off a turnip truck. Keep up.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

saskganesh

humans were created in their own image

Valmy

I never iron.  I do not even own an iron.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Monoriu

Err, I am not very big into appearance, but even I can't wear dress shirts to work without ironing them first  :lol:

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on June 17, 2009, 10:33:09 AM
Err, I am not very big into appearance, but even I can't wear dress shirts to work without ironing them first  :lol:

I wash them, I hand them up and they dry with no wrinkles.

Also this is Texas I could show up to the office in jeans and a T-shirt and nobody would say anything about it.  I just have this silly antiquated belief about looking professional.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

I dont understand how you cant dry your sheets.  I can understand that you dont have the luxury of being able to hang them to dry but doesnt your dryer work properly or are you just overloading your dryer?

The only thing that I ever iron is my work shirts.  A task I do about once every two weeks.  Iron a bunch and I am good to go for another couple weeks.

lustindarkness

I just pull the clothes out of the drier. Ironing bedsheets?!  :lol:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom