Christie clarifies comments on measles vaccine, calls for ‘balance’

Started by garbon, February 02, 2015, 11:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

QuoteHillary Clinton ‏@HillaryClinton  10h10 hours ago
The science is clear: The earth is round, the sky is blue, and #vaccineswork. Let's protect all our kids. #GrandmothersKnowBest
:)
Let's bomb Russia!

Caliga

What's frustrating with Rand Paul taking up this banner is that the guy has a fucking M.D.  He definitely has no excuse.

Not sure I understand the need to pander to fringe lunatics.  Are there really that many people in MURICA who believe vaccines are bad? :ph34r:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on February 03, 2015, 10:42:38 AM
What's frustrating with Rand Paul taking up this banner is that the guy has a fucking M.D.  He definitely has no excuse.

Not sure I understand the need to pander to fringe lunatics.  Are there really that many people in MURICA who believe vaccines are bad? :ph34r:

I think his view is ideological rather than rational.  He has to be against government coercion even if it is the best thing for people's health.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 03, 2015, 09:04:28 AM
The science is clear: The earth is round, the sky is blue, and #vaccineswork. Let's protect all our kids. #GrandmothersKnowBest

:yeah:

derspiess

#whatdifferencedoesitmake
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on February 03, 2015, 10:48:55 AM
I think his view is ideological rather than rational.  He has to be against government coercion even if it is the best thing for people's health.
Yes, but in the article Jacob quoted from he seemed to be suggesting vaccines can screw kids up, too.  He could have just stuck to his usual libertarian talking points, but for some reason he felt compelled to go there also.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on February 03, 2015, 10:56:45 AM

#whatdifferencedoesitmake

Vaccines?  None at all. 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

celedhring

One of my friends has managed to talk using hashtags. Every time she speaks, she finishes with a single uttering of words that somehow sum up the whole thing.

Sample from a phone call today (translated from Catalan):

Me: Hey, wanna meet for coffee today?
Her: I can't, I'm busy today. #Toomuchwork.
Me: What about tomorrow?
Her: I think I can make that, let me get back to you later. I'd love to see you. #Coffeewithfriends.

Valmy

Reminds me of when all the kids were actually saying 'lol' instead of just laughing.

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on February 03, 2015, 11:10:56 AM
Reminds me of when all the kids were actually saying 'lol' instead of just laughing.
Good, the world is too serious a place for laughter.  :mad: