Main Menu

RIP King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia

Started by Caliga, January 22, 2015, 07:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

derspiess

Quote from: grumbler on January 30, 2015, 01:40:42 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 30, 2015, 12:32:36 PM
... But apparently Saudis are pissed about it, claiming she covered her head in Indonesia but not in Saudi Arabia.  And apparently her face was blurred on Saudi TV.

Is this "apparently" like the "apparently Obama wasn't born in the US," or is there some evidence behind the Republican inanity this time?

Or maybe I should have said: "obviously"

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Quote from: grumbler on January 30, 2015, 01:40:42 PM
... But apparently Saudis are pissed about it, claiming she covered her head in Indonesia but not in Saudi Arabia.  And apparently her face was blurred on Saudi TV.

Is this "apparently" like the "apparently Obama wasn't born in the US," or is there some evidence behind the Republican inanity this time?

They don't require evidence.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Habbaku

Martinus likes to jump on minor one-ups like that to get some of the reflected glory since he is quite incapable of any wit himself.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Caliga

Quote from: 11B4V on January 30, 2015, 04:05:23 PM
I don't think Marty is that sharp. :XD:
I think Mart is, at least in this case.  Poles are experts on this subject after all.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

Actually, I admit that was accidental. :P

dps

And apparently her face was blurred on Saudi TV.

Maybe she was just suffering from jet lag.

;)

garbon

Of course that actually didn't happen. Check your snopes, people.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Siege

Quote from: Razgovory on January 30, 2015, 02:24:06 PM
Quote from: Siege on January 29, 2015, 10:00:04 AM
Quote from: Martinus on January 28, 2015, 04:40:45 PM
I can't believe the motherfucking Republicans are shitting on Michelle for that.

I think she did the right thing.

When Obama did the opposite and bowed, they also shat on him. I bet if Michelle wore a headscarf these fucks would conclude the Obamas are Muslim after all.

What a bunch of fucking faggots.

I thought I had convincinly proven Barack Hussein Obama is a muslim in that other thread....

You haven't even convincingly proven that you are a Jew.

I'll show you my circunsicion.
Come closer, kneel down...

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

The Brain

Quote from: Siege on February 01, 2015, 02:42:30 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 30, 2015, 02:24:06 PM
Quote from: Siege on January 29, 2015, 10:00:04 AM
Quote from: Martinus on January 28, 2015, 04:40:45 PM
I can't believe the motherfucking Republicans are shitting on Michelle for that.

I think she did the right thing.

When Obama did the opposite and bowed, they also shat on him. I bet if Michelle wore a headscarf these fucks would conclude the Obamas are Muslim after all.

What a bunch of fucking faggots.

I thought I had convincinly proven Barack Hussein Obama is a muslim in that other thread....

You haven't even convincingly proven that you are a Jew.

I'll show you my circunsicion.
Come closer, kneel down...

You could be Muslim, or worse American.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on January 30, 2015, 03:58:36 PM
Or maybe I should have said: "obviously"

Well, the use of "obviously" would have cost you very little credibility.

It would have cost you all the credibility you have, but very little credibility overall.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!