News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Magna Carta quizz

Started by viper37, January 30, 2015, 12:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

celedhring

3/10, and only one wasn't a wild guess.

Grey Fox

Also 3/10

Everything I know about the Magna Carta I owe to Malthus & a subway conversation.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

Jacob

7/10 though about half of those were gut instinct guesses.

Agelastus

5/10.

I was good on the 12th and 13th Centuries but crap on everything else. :lol:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

alfred russel

2/10, and 1 of them I knew for certain, and the other I was mostly sure.

Which means I'm an incredibly bad guesser.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

grumbler

5/10, and an excellent example of the kind of quiz deigned to be easily graded without measuring anything significant whatever.  A score on this quiz says nothing about anyone's understanding of the structure or significance of the Magna Carta.  The best question was the one that asked which obscure reference was "famous."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: alfred russel on January 30, 2015, 02:40:35 PM

Me too.

And only fussy and snooty tribe like the English would note the difference between signing a document and sealing a document.  Big fucking deal.  Surprised there wasn't a 3rd question for delivery.

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on January 30, 2015, 02:48:36 PM
5/10, and an excellent example of the kind of quiz deigned to be easily graded without measuring anything significant whatever.  A score on this quiz says nothing about anyone's understanding of the structure or significance of the Magna Carta.  The best question was the one that asked which obscure reference was "famous."

Someone is grouchy about failing a test. :lol:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Malthus

6/10. I guessed on most of 'em. I mean, who knows off the top how many copies survived?  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 30, 2015, 02:59:32 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on January 30, 2015, 02:40:35 PM

Me too.

And only fussy and snooty tribe like the English would note the difference between signing a document and sealing a document.  Big fucking deal.  Surprised there wasn't a 3rd question for delivery.

That was perhaps the only question I did in fact know the answer to. :lol:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on January 30, 2015, 03:26:08 PM
That was perhaps the only question I did in fact know the answer to. :lol:

:rolleyes:  Weirdo commonwealthy types.