News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Strange Error

Started by jimmy olsen, January 29, 2015, 03:34:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

I was reading a pdf file with adobe but it wasn't the best quality. So I decided to look at it with Naunce pdf. I guess I wasn't paying attention and I didn't uncheck the box make this a default choice. Now that normally would be something that's easy to fix, you just open a file with Adobe and make it the default once again. However something weird happened. Almost all of the icons on my screen changed to Naunce icons. When I opened a pdf with adobe and shifted it back to the default all the other icons followed as well.

Of course those icons won't work, I click on the firefox or kindle icon and it says adobe can't open this program. If I manually open it and change the default program to firefox, all the icons change to firefox with it. Now the firefox icon works, but the rest don't.

I'm stumped. Nothing like this has ever happened with me before. Restarting did not help. Should I system restore?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Does this look legit to you guys? My error is close but not exactly the same as the one he shows here, the icons are the same but they don't have .lnk at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar9y9BZ1ipg
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Liep

They might not have the .lnk because your Windows isn't showing known extension types. But try it, it's not harmful.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

What you might want is to enable that and see what extension it is that's causing trouble.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

jimmy olsen

I tried it and it worked! :w00t:

Liep gets a gold star. :hug:

The rest of you get only scorn! :angry:

1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

The rest of us were asleep, Tim.  :wacko:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on January 29, 2015, 06:12:45 AM
The rest of us were asleep, Tim.  :wacko:
Human weakness is no excuse!  :mad:

1 Karma Chameleon point