Started by Syt, March 16, 2009, 01:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

"Sunrise Villa Apartments
1614 Swallow Crest Dr
Edgewood--------410 679-0400"

garbon

"The multitude," Cavendish says, "is always desirous of a change."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Agelastus

It was proper that at table four the mid-ranking functionary from the Cinnabar Navy Office restore balance by being seated higher than Markos; but no member of the delegations for whom the banquet was arranged should have been so low.

-
---
-----

Perhaps I need to reshelve "With the Lightnings" by David Drake further away from my computer desk. :lol:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Razgovory

Stalin wrote to Molotov about "inspecting and punching people in the face" and openly told officials he would "smash their bones".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

"And such a good looking one, too."

:hmm:

fhdz

"Join the connectors to the supply tubes with slip-fitting copper repair couplings."
and the horse you rode in on

Ed Anger

Quote from: fahdiz on May 18, 2013, 05:42:37 PM
"Join the connectors to the supply tubes with slip-fitting copper repair couplings."

Hott
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

You slut!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

frunk

Large, heavy and difficult to move around with, antitank rifles could be used only by positioned troops.

fhdz

Quote from: frunk on May 18, 2013, 09:39:37 PM
Large, heavy and difficult to move around with, antitank rifles could be used only by positioned troops.

:lol:

fhdz

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 18, 2013, 07:42:42 PM

Hott

Plumbing = sexy.

Sheilbh

'Our experience of World Wars is in a sense exhaustive, but our experience of how they get started is confined to just the two models - Sarajevo and Munich, critical accident and unappeasable psychosis.'

Turning to the nearest fiction book wasn't much help either: '"Yes, my dear," replied Mrs Allen, with perfect serenity, "it is very uncomfortable indeed."'

:ph34r:

Edit: And the nearest book of verse is Larkin - so I won't even look :(
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 19, 2013, 07:39:47 PM
Turning to the nearest fiction book wasn't much help either: '"Yes, my dear," replied Mrs Allen, with perfect serenity, "it is very uncomfortable indeed."'

:lol:

Also, I've been reading that on the subway ride to work.. :)

Razgovory

I acutally chose between two books.  One was on Stalin and the other on biology.  I skipped the one going on about nucleotides.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017