And we're back!

Main Menu

Grand unified books thread

Started by Syt, March 16, 2009, 01:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

I don't recall those. I do recall they had a great history section with a large section devoted to British history. I think I purchased most of my Margaret Atwood books there too.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 24, 2017, 08:32:50 PM
I've only read one Stalingrad book that I can think of right now.  The Beevor one, which was excellent.  I got cold reading it.

What's it called?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 25, 2017, 08:55:25 PM
I've only read one Stalingrad book that I can think of right now.  The Beevor one, which was excellent.  I got cold reading it.

What's it called?

Stalingrad
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

jimmy olsen

Quote from: 11B4V on September 25, 2017, 09:07:32 PM

What's it called?

Stalingrad
I'm going to guess that that's the name of more than one book, so who's the author?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

I hope we get to hear a high-pitched shriek when you're posting as your keyboard melts.

grumbler

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 25, 2017, 09:14:16 PM

What's it called?

Stalingrad
I'm going to guess that that's the name of more than one book, so who's the author?

:huh:  This is a joke, right?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Oexmelin

What's it called?

Stalingrad

What is it about?
Que le grand cric me croque !

11B4V

Quote from: grumbler on September 25, 2017, 09:24:22 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 25, 2017, 09:14:16 PM

What's it called?

Stalingrad

:huh:  This is a joke, right?

Don't tell him.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: Oexmelin on September 25, 2017, 09:26:23 PM

What's it called?

Stalingrad

What is it about?

Leningrad

jimmy olsen

Jerks. <_<

I have books on battles that have the battle name as the title, though they usually also have a subtitle. Totally plausible that the book in question was named Stalingrad.

1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 25, 2017, 10:02:57 PM
Jerks. <_<

I have books on battles that have the battle name as the title, though they usually also have a subtitle. Totally plausible that the book in question was named Stalingrad.

Do you know the name of the author yet?

Admiral Yi

jimmy olsen

Oh, shit!

I thought he just made a typo of his nickname for you. :face::face::face:

1 Karma Chameleon point