News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

A "Muslim-free" gun range!

Started by Razgovory, January 14, 2015, 10:22:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

Quote from: derspiess on January 14, 2015, 10:51:20 AM
We have several brown-skinned members in my rifle & pistol club :)

Come on, are you gonna tell me you cannot tell good brown from bad brown?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Admiral Yi

Boner is the expert on that subject.

CountDeMoney

Siegy doesn't believe in free range Muslims.

Razgovory

I guess this is organized as a private club to avoid discrimination laws.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

celedhring

Quote from: derspiess on January 14, 2015, 03:54:25 PM
Quote from: celedhring on January 14, 2015, 03:46:00 PM
Remembers me of this friend of mine - who's a bearded and dark-skinned Spaniard - that received a visit from the NYPD because a neighbor thought he was a muslim doing "strange stuff" (he works in film production and moves a lot of film equipment around), and called the police.

IF YOU SEE SOMETHING SAY SOMETHING

Aye, that's the result of fueling people's paranoia I guess. That campaign was everywhere when I lived there.

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on January 14, 2015, 05:01:17 PM
Remembers me of this friend of mine - who's a bearded and dark-skinned Spaniard - that received a visit from the NYPD because a neighbor thought he was a muslim doing "strange stuff" (he works in film production and moves a lot of film equipment around), and called the police.

Aye, that's the result of fueling people's paranoia I guess. That campaign was everywhere when I lived there.

It still is though it has taken quite a beaten with the stats suggesting that it drove up costs / took up time of first responders without really causing any drop in crime (or helping to prevent incidents).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Every November I see strangely dressed men walking around the woods with guns in November.  Often they seem to wear some weird combination of army camouflage and Highway maintenance bright orange.  I report it, but nobody cares. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

Quote from: Razgovory on January 14, 2015, 04:47:35 PM
I guess this is organized as a private club to avoid discrimination laws.

I'd assume so.  Be funny if it's not, and the owner gets sued.

Caliga

What are you supposed to do with this case if you're a smug America-hating Euro?  While you definitely love stories that show how racist Americans are, wouldn't you also like the idea of private citizens not being permitted to fire their guns? :hmm:  I'm just glad I'm not in this position. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on January 14, 2015, 07:27:39 PM
What are you supposed to do with this case if you're a smug America-hating Euro?  While you definitely love stories that show how racist Americans are, wouldn't you also like the idea of private citizens not being permitted to fire their guns? :hmm:  I'm just glad I'm not in this position. :)

I don't really think about it, I just keep hating America (especially Alaska). :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus