News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

A "Muslim-free" gun range!

Started by Razgovory, January 14, 2015, 10:22:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

This should be popular here.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/muslim-free-arkansas-shooting-range-turns-away-brown-skinned-father-son-duo/
QuoteA father and son say they were turned away from a "Muslim-free" Arkansas shooting range because they are brown-skinned.

The duo, who are not Muslim but are South Asian, said they were questioned about their religion and background while filling out paperwork at the Gun Cave in Hot Springs, reported the Arkansas Times.

The men told a woman at the counter they were from Hot Springs, and she informed them the business was "a Muslim-free shooting range," and if they didn't like that rule they should leave.

The younger man told the newspaper that they were not Muslim, but his father asked about the ban and they discussed the rule.

"Then, all of a sudden, I don't know what went wrong, but she stopped us from filling out the paperwork and said, 'I don't think you guys should be here,'" the younger man said. "She told us to leave or she'd call the cops on us."

The men decided to leave to avoid additional trouble, he said.

"We're brown — I don't know if she assumed we were Muslim," said the younger man, who asked to keep his name out of the newspaper. "When she first asked us, she said, 'I would hope if you were Muslim you guys wouldn't be cowards and would be up front about it.'"

The man said he was born in the U.S. and lived in Hot Springs for 10 years, and he and his father had gone to the shooting range to enjoy "guy time" before he went off to college elsewhere in the state.

He said the shooting range had changed owners since then, and current owner Jan Morgan claims she has thoroughly studied the Quran and found "109 verses commanding hate, murder and terror against all human beings who refuse to submit or convert to Islam."

"Since I have no way of discerning which Muslims will or will not kill in the name of their religion and the commands in their (Quran), I choose to err on the side of caution for the safety of my patrons," Morgan posted on her website.

The newspaper said a call to the gun shop seeking comment was "rewarded with a swift hangup."
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Syt

They should have applied at a more liberal and all-embracing institution, like a golf club.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

Well, at least he didn't welcome them in, then direct them to the wrong end of the range ...  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

We have several brown-skinned members in my rifle & pistol club :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on January 14, 2015, 10:51:20 AM

SEKRET MOOSELIMBS!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

I thought the thread title was a NRA aspiration to describe all of America.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Quote from: mongers on January 14, 2015, 10:55:32 AM
I thought the thread title was a NRA aspiration to describe all of America.

00.25/10
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Siege

Quote from: Malthus on January 14, 2015, 10:45:32 AM
Well, at least he didn't welcome them in, then direct them to the wrong end of the range ...  :P

Brilliant!

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on January 14, 2015, 10:45:32 AM

The owner is a woman. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

"No Muslims were hurt at this range"?

celedhring

Remembers me of this friend of mine - who's a bearded and dark-skinned Spaniard - that received a visit from the NYPD because a neighbor thought he was a muslim doing "strange stuff" (he works in film production and moves a lot of film equipment around), and called the police.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on January 14, 2015, 10:51:20 AM

Custodial help doesn't count, man.

derspiess

Quote from: celedhring on January 14, 2015, 03:46:00 PM
Remembers me of this friend of mine - who's a bearded and dark-skinned Spaniard - that received a visit from the NYPD because a neighbor thought he was a muslim doing "strange stuff" (he works in film production and moves a lot of film equipment around), and called the police.

IF YOU SEE SOMETHING SAY SOMETHING
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall