News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Total War: Warhammer is coming

Started by Solmyr, January 14, 2015, 06:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipwich

Quote from: Valmy on May 26, 2016, 01:06:34 PM
I don't really care. So many of the Warhammer Factions are just stupidly over the top. The factions I actually want to play are mostly already there. The Brettonians would be nice at some point.

Hate the Dark Elf and the other new world factions so glad to be free of them for a bit.

At least here the factions are really different in how they play. In Rome the factions played basically the same way.

What game has lizardmen that you need to be "free of them"?

Valmy

Quote from: chipwich on May 26, 2016, 06:14:48 PM
What game has lizardmen that you need to be "free of them"?

Fantasy Warhammer? :hmm:

Anyway I meant "free of them" in the sense that fairly soon they will be in the game with all their corniness.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

The opening video stuttered like a motherfucker, but the game plays fine on low graphics. :)
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

LaCroix

Quote from: Tyr on May 26, 2016, 12:22:29 PM
So it's like every other games workshop game these days. Dlc city

I think at this point it's safe to say DLC is here to stay, and I don't think that's a bad thing. compared to the expansion pack model, dlc is more prone to abuse, but companies can do a lot more with it and people can simply not buy the worthless DLC.

Razgovory

It occurs to me that it would be fun to play an "Age of Sigmar" campaign where you control all of the forces of Order and try to hold back the tide.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Lettow77

The Beastmen somehow managed to not only secure the slot as first DLC race, but also get their own custom mini-campaign. The beastmen. This will bring the total races up to six, with four of them being "evil" races and two of them being Chaos. I can only assume the warherd has a (beast)man on the inside, else I can't see what brought CA to this decision.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

jimmy olsen

Sounds fun.

I've waiting on winter when I can get a new PC. What I have now isn't quite enough.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Lettow77

I haven't been as diligent as our forum reporter in updating on every DLC Warhammer has received, but since Beastmen there have been significant upgrades- New legendary lords and "regiments of renown" for the four main factions, a new goblin subfaction, and a faction of dwarf exiles trying to retake Karak Eight Peaks.

More to the point, though, Wood Elves have finally hit the steam store. With the updates, the factions presently in the game (except Beastmen) are missing almost none of their units, and the Wood Elves are shipping with no missing units at all- the only thing they won't have is a few hero options from the book.

With Bretonnia set out for a free release on February, the game will be near to twice as fleshed out as it was on release.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Lettow77 on November 18, 2016, 09:07:37 PM
I haven't been as diligent as our forum reporter in updating on every DLC Warhammer has received, but since Beastmen there have been significant upgrades- New legendary lords and "regiments of renown" for the four main factions, a new goblin subfaction, and a faction of dwarf exiles trying to retake Karak Eight Peaks.

More to the point, though, Wood Elves have finally hit the steam store. With the updates, the factions presently in the game (except Beastmen) are missing almost none of their units, and the Wood Elves are shipping with no missing units at all- the only thing they won't have is a few hero options from the book.

With Bretonnia set out for a free release on February, the game will be near to twice as fleshed out as it was on release.

Fantastic news!

1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Got a question for you guys.  What other factions are they intending to include.  High Elves?  Ogres? Araby? Lizard Men?  Skaven?  Chaos Dwarves? Albion? Tomb Kings?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Lettow77

They said their intent is to include all sixteen major factions with book support. I wouldn't count on Albion or Araby, although it seems like they'll have to do something for Araby when they expand the map.

They are going to sell two separate standalone expansions besides this one. They confirmed that it would ship with four races. I assume it will expand the map westward, and that the races would be High Elves, Dark Elves, Skaven, and Lizardmen. Wood Elves and Bretonnia might be the last additions to the present game, since in February they are selling the "Old World Edition", that sort of implies that's all the work the Old World will be getting for awhile.

Razgovory

Lettow77

Currently released/ Announced release date:

Empire, Dwarfs, Greenskins, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Beastmen, Wood Elves, Bretonnia

Unreleased and no announced release date: High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen, Skaven, Tomb Kings, Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Chaos Daemons

A wild card is that, according to some Russian datamining, it seems the final expansion is supposed to be centered on the Realm of Chaos, and make separate factions out of the four Chaos Gods.

Razgovory

Quote from: Lettow77 on November 25, 2016, 04:57:53 AM
Currently released/ Announced release date:

Empire, Dwarfs, Greenskins, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Beastmen, Wood Elves, Bretonnia

Unreleased and no announced release date: High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen, Skaven, Tomb Kings, Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Chaos Daemons

A wild card is that, according to some Russian datamining, it seems the final expansion is supposed to be centered on the Realm of Chaos, and make separate factions out of the four Chaos Gods.

Ah.  Okay.  I would have liked to see some of the other Human cultures.  The Russian-Poles, the dark age Brits, and the Arabs.  Also, I thought Tilea and Estalia would have been a bit bigger with unique units.  I'll still probably get the game when more of the factions come out.

Lettow77

The DLC is apparently selling beyond their expectations, and human factions are low hanging fruit, so they still might get around to them, especially since it'd be like printing money. (Well..except for the dark age brits. Albion is really undersized in the map they went with, and I can't imagine them ever making anything for it unless it's the year 2020 and they are looking to scrape the barrel one last time)