News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Total War: Warhammer is coming

Started by Solmyr, January 14, 2015, 06:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Announcement trailer for the third game just dropped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAr7yUlM0Po

Kislev and Daemons of Chaos.  :wub:

Edit: Apparently Grand Cathay will be in the game on launch, as well. It's generally thought to be certain that Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms will come later.

Syt

They can't release a new one, I only have 3.9 hours in TW:WH2 yet! :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Solmyr

Quote from: Syt on February 03, 2021, 02:50:18 PM
They can't release a new one, I only have 3.9 hours in TW:WH2 yet! :(

Get to it then, you have most of this year!

Josquius

Will it connect to the others?

Interesting to see a region rarely touched by warhammer.
Chaos dwarfs ho!
██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

Quote from: Tyr on February 03, 2021, 03:39:32 PM

Chaos dwarfs ho!

Presumably the initial map will only include the races new to the game (which is why Cathay is in, otherwise it'd be just Kislev vs all of Chaos). Probably with placeholders for Chaos Dwarfs and Ogres who will come later. They said that they plan to do a grand combined map for owners of all three games (same as with Mortal Empires for TWW1 and 2), but that will be some time after launch, not right away.

Fate

Initially Skaven was going to be a DLC race to WH2 but they got bumped up to release. They're saying there's a race pack for early adopters of WH3 so maybe that's Chaos Dwarves or Orges. Otherwise at the start you're just going to have a huge blob in the Darklands between Kislev and Cathay that's going to be all generic Orcs (and maybe a few rando Skavens and Norsca).

Also having 4 base WH3 factions at release gives them way more room to add DLC lord pack pairings without having to do the complicated "DLC for DLC" route like they did for Wood Elves that makes the plebs butthurt.

Syt

I see that TW:WH3 is up for pre-purchase on Steam - Troy was an Epic exclusive, though, wasn't it? :unsure:

I wonder if they decided to not go exclusive anymore, or if, closer to release to decide to go exclusive again, and cancel Steam pre-orders.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on February 07, 2021, 11:46:22 AM
I see that TW:WH3 is up for pre-purchase on Steam - Troy was an Epic exclusive, though, wasn't it? :unsure:

I wonder if they decided to not go exclusive anymore, or if, closer to release to decide to go exclusive again, and cancel Steam pre-orders.

Troy was not just an exclusive but a free giveaway.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Syt on February 07, 2021, 11:46:22 AM

Yes, CA posted in a FAQ somewhere that they had no plans to go Epic exclusive again.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Solmyr

I already preordered it. :ph34r: You can get it here for a 17% discount: https://2game.com/en/total-war-warhammer-iii and if you use the discount code GTG10 it becomes around 25% off.

Solmyr

Incidentally, I really like how CA is handling preorder policy for these games. You get the preorder bonus even if you buy the game up to a week after launch. So you can actually see the reviews before making a decision. This should be how preorder bonuses are handled everywhere (looking at you Paradox).

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on February 03, 2021, 03:39:32 PM

Chaos dwarfs ho!

They'll probably port in the basic units from Three Kingdoms and add some magic flourishes like armies of terracotta warriors and dragons.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Threviel

Those shields are thick, look really heavy. The Chaos dudes must be insanely strong.