News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Total War: Warhammer is coming

Started by Solmyr, January 14, 2015, 06:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Bretonnia is a little too bland for my tastes. Just knights and lots of them. I will certainly give them a shot though.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

I am going to AAR my first spin with Total War: Warhammer so you can all laugh at how much I suck having not played a Total War game since the first Rome.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Lettow77

I'd like to see it. Will you be starting with the Empire?

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

katmai

Since game is only coming out on PC to start I guess I'll be waiting till Aug at earliest to pick this up.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Lettow77

Settling in to my first battle I confirm what I'd suspected- the morale for undead is a complete port of other races. The arcane magicks by which skeletons are kept bound to their master would appear to be easier to maintain at the crest of a hill rather than the base of it.  :hmm:

Valmy

The mystical rituals are more powerful in the high places in full site of the gods you see.

The Brain

Yeah undead like their barrows and mounds.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Lettow77

Very Hard is punishing. I overextended out of Sylvania and was immediately faced with bankruptcy, rebellion, attrition in untainted lands, and an elector count-dwarf coalition. I won't restart, but I'm set to lose both my stacks in the next turn, and if I can survive a defensive campaign depends on the enemy's dedication more than any force I can field. 

As expected, the undead healing spell Invocation of Nehek is so weak as to practically be a placebo. It can be useful for healing low hp high damage units not in combat, such as dire wolves, but as something you cast on skeletons engaged against even the most feeble opposition it is almost unnoticeable.

Razgovory

You guys will forgive me if I wait till they put out all of the DLC factions.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Lettow77

Probably a good call if you want value for money, but it could be a very long time. They are planning to make two separate stand-alone expansions and aren't looking to have it done sooner than 2020.

(Doesn't it sound really far away if you express it as "2020?")

Razgovory

Yeah, it does.  Four factions seem kind of paltry for a Total war game.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Lettow77

Well you're right. The factions are more distinct than they've ever been though, and there's in practice five, since Chaos is out and is free for the first week of purchases.

Five is still a bit scarce, though. The continent they are portraying doesn't feel right due to some absences. The Empire's woods are supposed to lurk with Beastmen, so that the Empire is under siege within as well as from without. And Athel Loren is egregiously vacant.

It's understandable Skaven aren't in yet- that's clearly a flagship race for the next expansion, and as dwellers of an under-empire whose existence is denied it makes some sense they aren't there. The game makes allusion to them as well.

But the game needs Beastmen and Wood Elves. The forests of the old world were the part I always liked the most, and they are empty.

Josquius

So it's like every other games workshop game these days. Dlc city
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

I don't really care. So many of the Warhammer Factions are just stupidly over the top. The factions I actually want to play are mostly already there. The Brettonians would be nice at some point.

Hate the Dark Elf and the other new world factions so glad to be free of them for a bit.

At least here the factions are really different in how they play. In Rome the factions played basically the same way.