News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Life and Death in Austria [MEGATHREAD]

Started by Syt, January 14, 2015, 04:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

failed attempt at making a gunpowderfactory...

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Ya'll shouldn't pigeon-hole that guy, even if his life was for the birds.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tonitrus on May 28, 2015, 11:25:25 PM
Ya'll shouldn't pigeon-hole that guy, even if his life was for the birds.
:lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

I always wonder where the tipping point is with those people. At one point in time he was probably living normally, keeping some pigeons in the back. When do you go from that to not caring that the animals are literally shitting all over the place and not bothering to clean up anymore. It's hard to imagine this as a gradual process.

"Huh. The pigeon shat over my TV. I'll clean this up after lunch. Or maybe tomorrow. Or next week."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

It appears that the FPÖ in Styria has jumped from 10 to 27% in today's election.

A few examples of their campaign:

"New apartments instead of mosques!" (Nobody is planning to build mosques in Styria)

"We fight for YOUR security! - And end to break-ins, theft, and begging!" (It's one of the safest states in already safe Austria, with crme numbers dropping)

"Our House rules; This is how integration works:
- learn the language
- obey the law
- earn your own keep
- live with us, not next to us or against us"

"Better: Our money for our people!"
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Larch

Syt

I forgot to add:

"Strange in the own country? Let's preserve home and values!"

(Though Heimat is a very strong word, meaning a place/region/country where you live (or have lived) and that you have strong emotional connections to, where you consider yourself to be at "at home wth your heart.")
—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

How did that Greek layabout pay for his braces? No way he was born with those teeth.  :mad:

The Brain

Quote"Our House rules; This is how integration works:
- learn the language
- obey the law
- earn your own keep
- live with us, not next to us or against us"

Dead or alive you're voting for me!
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

So, when are you guys going to start the camps up again?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malthus

Quote from: Razgovory on June 01, 2015, 12:14:17 AM
So, when are you guys going to start the camps up again?

Free camp would be awesome.  :)

Do they offer sailing?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

General consensus is that the ruling Styrian coalition of conservatives and social democrats really pissed off Styrians - while the federal government doesn't want to rock the boat too much, even if it means veeery slow growth, Styria actually attempted reforms to get their economy out of stagnation. Those were painful, and the voter gave the answer.
—Stephen Jay Gould