Lucidor

Pishtaco

Lucidor

Quote from: Pishtaco on June 17, 2009, 06:02:12 AM
Quote from: Lucidor on June 16, 2009, 02:46:10 PM
Great little game, thanks Pistacho!

http://gamecake.net/games/s-t-a-c-k-e-r/
Glad you're having fun with it.  :cheers:
It's quite hard, trying to conserve some lines where you have weapons and good bonuses while getting rid of those dogs and other bad things.

Josquius

It is rather cool but I really don't get it....
██████
██████
██████

Pishtaco

Quote from: Lucidor on June 18, 2009, 10:25:53 AMIt's quite hard, trying to conserve some lines where you have weapons and good bonuses while getting rid of those dogs and other bad things.

Each level is divided into different areas, with different mixes of blocks and effects. You progress to a new area by making lines; for example I think you leave the starting area once you've made 5 lines. So I tend to spend a long time in the safer areas, collecting useful things and trying to score four lines at once including some artefacts (this is the best way to score points), and then try to get through the dangerous areas quickly, by making lines wherever I can.

Habbaku

Thanks for the game, by the way, Pish.  It's a fun, little time-waster.   :)
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Scipio

I'd like to play it, but I can't make out the colors at all.  It's very dark.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Pishtaco

Quote from: Scipio on June 27, 2009, 06:16:48 AM
I'd like to play it, but I can't make out the colors at all.  It's very dark.
That's a shame. What's your graphics card, and do you have the same problem with the low graphics version of the game? Or with other gamemaker games (e.g. Spelunky)?

Scipio

Cannot answer any of those questions except that my graphics card is an 8800GT.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt