News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

11 dead in French satirical magazine shooting

Started by Brazen, January 07, 2015, 06:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

I'm a bit behind in this thread. What was 11B4V's avatar?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 12, 2015, 08:04:53 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 12, 2015, 08:02:03 PM
Christ almighty Yi Post #1260 :rolleyes:

Woops.  My bad.

QuoteOf course it's not, hence you're attempt to tie it in to CH is stupid.

Maybe not much point in continuing if you're not even going to respond to my posts.

I respect your take on it, but don't agree. IMO they have culpability in this. CC also has a very good, if not the best point.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

grumbler

I'd like to thank Eleven Before for keeping my popcorn popper popping.  That's some kind of impressing reasoning.  He actually has Raz arguing on the side of the angels!   :lmfao:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 12, 2015, 08:08:09 PM

It said that the guys who were murdered were culpable for their own deaths.  Many found it offensive, (actually I did as well, but in the spirit of 'Je Suis Charlie', I didn't say anything about it).
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on January 12, 2015, 08:26:02 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 12, 2015, 08:08:09 PM

It said that the guys who were murdered were culpable for their own deaths.  Many found it offensive, (actually I did as well, but in the spirit of 'Je Suis Charlie', I didn't say anything about it).

I think he's seen it by now.

Razgovory

Grumbler probably has the butteriest keyboard in America.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on January 12, 2015, 08:29:36 PM

He should watch his salt and cholesterol intake. I would not want to be culpable in his untimely demise if he didn't.

11B4V

Quote from: Liep on January 12, 2015, 07:58:05 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 12, 2015, 07:55:57 PM
Quote from: Liep on January 12, 2015, 07:55:22 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 12, 2015, 07:49:56 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 12, 2015, 07:45:16 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 12, 2015, 07:41:37 PM
So, there was no prior incidents against CH for their garbage?

Plenty of prior incidents.  Plenty of convenience store robberies.

You have not answered how the convenience store is inflammatory. You continue to dodge.

Keeping cash stored "inflames" robbers.
:rolleyes:

Yes, that was basically my response to your avatar. :p

Better than shooting someone over it, eh.

mongers

Pretty poor showing by the Obama administratoin, but I've not heard any criticism from the French on the issue.

In a Monday afternoon press conference, White House spokesperson Josh Earnest said Mr Obama wished he could have attended, but the "onerous and significant" security preparations for a presidential visit require more than the 36-hour advance notice the White House received.

He added, however: "It's fair to say that we should have sent someone with a higher profile."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-echochambers-30755237
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

grumbler

Quote from: 11B4V on January 12, 2015, 08:31:49 PM

He should watch his salt and cholesterol intake. I would not want to be culpable in his untimely demise if he didn't.

People who would put butter on popcorn would put catchup on a hot dog.  :yuk:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Quote from: grumbler on January 12, 2015, 09:45:55 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 12, 2015, 08:31:49 PM

You are one of those snobs.  :yuk:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 12, 2015, 09:53:53 PM
Quote from: grumbler on January 12, 2015, 09:45:55 PM

You are one of those snobs.  :yuk:

Told ya, man.  Shards of glass.

derspiess

In my fridge I have 5 different kinds of ketchup and 3 different kinds of catsup.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall