News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

11 dead in French satirical magazine shooting

Started by Brazen, January 07, 2015, 06:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Apparently the Charlie Hebdo editor opened today's editorial meeting with, 'so anything in the news this week?' :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grallon

Well... now that this eruption of disenfranchised, 'not cuddled & pampered enough', freedom fighters have been dispatched to their long expected heavenly harem, let us all follow the enlightened example of Malthus' & co. 

Verily let us commiserate with the fallen, but even more so with these poorly misunderstood mentally unstable lone wolves, issued from victimized communities, who have been pushed to such desperate acts by a lack of appeasing gestures; so typical, if it needed reminding, of our forever callous western societies...

Indeed let us sit and pontificate and prevaricate, patting our collective egos about our noble intentions; let us endlessly babble about 'root causes' while doing our utmost to never mention the only one that is glaring at us in the face.

In other words, let us be hypocritical, and smug, and condescending, and so very... Canadian about all this.

That is, until the next batch of houri-hungry 'freedom-fighters' soil their unwilling hands with the blood of filthy 'kuffar' like you and me!

But, not to worry, our gaggle of mental eunuchs disguised as fusion-powered-balls-of-light will huddle to the rescue once more, oozing good sentiments in unison, while assuring us all that more appeasement will do the trick next time!

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Jacob

You do have a way with words grallon. I particularly like the use of alliteration; it's sparse, but it definitely adds a certain quality.

Admiral Yi

The real secret is the meter IMO.  His posts are like symphonies.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 09, 2015, 06:25:28 PM
Apparently the Charlie Hebdo editor opened today's editorial meeting with, 'so anything in the news this week?' :lol:

:lol:

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on January 09, 2015, 06:08:46 PM

You had to go back more than a year to find a quote that could be taken out of context?

That's the thread you first called me "defender of the faithful", since you used the phrase again, and that was the original context, it seemed appropriate.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grallon

Quote from: Jacob on January 09, 2015, 06:34:26 PM
You do have a way with words grallon. I particularly like the use of alliteration; it's sparse, but it definitely adds a certain quality.

I believed it's called 'Damning with faint praise' n'est-ce pas Jake?  Not very flattering, yet rather ironic coming from someone whose trade is a form of art itself...  Still in an era where form trumps content, I suppose I should take it as a compliment.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on January 09, 2015, 05:59:57 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 09, 2015, 05:57:46 PM
Then I'll gladly take that title.

Not until you start standing up for the little guy in America.  It is easy to support the unwashed masses when you do not have to smell them yourself!

:huh:  I thought I did.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Sheilbh

Quote from: Grallon on January 09, 2015, 07:06:13 PM
I believed it's called 'Damning with faint praise' n'est-ce pas Jake?  Not very flattering, yet rather ironic coming from someone whose trade is a form of art itself...  Still in an era where form trumps content, I suppose I should take it as a compliment.
Form always trumps content :contract:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

They tried appeasement in the movies and it didn't work.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: Grallon on January 09, 2015, 06:28:07 PM
Well... now that this eruption of disenfranchised, 'not cuddled & pampered enough', freedom fighters have been dispatched to their long expected heavenly harem, let us all follow the enlightened example of Malthus' & co. 

Verily let us commiserate with the fallen, but even more so with these poorly misunderstood mentally unstable lone wolves, issued from victimized communities, who have been pushed to such desperate acts by a lack of appeasing gestures; so typical, if it needed reminding, of our forever callous western societies...

Indeed let us sit and pontificate and prevaricate, patting our collective egos about our noble intentions; let us endlessly babble about 'root causes' while doing our utmost to never mention the only one that is glaring at us in the face.

In other words, let us be hypocritical, and smug, and condescending, and so very... Canadian about all this.

That is, until the next batch of houri-hungry 'freedom-fighters' soil their unwilling hands with the blood of filthy 'kuffar' like you and me!

But, not to worry, our gaggle of mental eunuchs disguised as fusion-powered-balls-of-light will huddle to the rescue once more, oozing good sentiments in unison, while assuring us all that more appeasement will do the trick next time!

G.

Yeah, I guess, but we weren't really talking about Quebeci nationalists in Canada.

Liep

They've started arresting Danish douchebags applauding the attack on CH online. First time I've been glad about our new "Terrorism Law".
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

You can get arrested for cheering?  Not sure I'm too fond of that law.

The Brain

A Swedish state radio journalist felt the need to point out that the Charlie victims were not innocent. Sigh.

Swedish response generally has of course been pathetic. But since they didn't stand up to domestic Muslim terrorism it was always unlikely that they would stand up to foreign Muslim terrorism.

Edit: Corrected. I think.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.