News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

11 dead in French satirical magazine shooting

Started by Brazen, January 07, 2015, 06:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

I keep hearing on that France 24 Live feed that the hostages are dead.  Hopefully they're wrong.

EDIT: Now they're saying all hostages are alive.  That's better.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Duque de Bragança

Two police officers (BRI) wounded during the Porte de Vincennes assault. (LCI TV)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigade_de_recherche_et_d%27intervention

Liep

Quote from: derspiess on January 09, 2015, 11:32:26 AM
I keep hearing on that France 24 Live feed that the hostages are dead.  Hopefully they're wrong.

EDIT: Now they're saying all hostages are alive.  That's better.

Photos from Sky News show at least 4 hostages being guided away after the explosions.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

Good.  Hope things settle down from this point.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Duque de Bragança

Assaults were launched at the same time with perfect police services cooperation i.e R.A.I.D, G.I.G.N and B.R.I squads. No guerre des polices this time some French commentators said (reference to past event between police and gendarmerie).

Still some doubt whether the Kouachi brothers knew there was a civillian in the Dammartin printing shop where they holed themselves up, so no real hostage to speak of.

Liep

Rumours have it that the chick from the Jewish shop is armed and at large.

Liep

Four hostages was killed in the jewish shop, confirmed. :(

Liep

The footage showing the assault on the shop doesn't make the French police look particularly professional. But maybe that's because I'm looking at it with unprofessional eyes.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on January 09, 2015, 11:53:10 AM

First, they talked of another guy then her. It's still pretty unclear.
Now, they're talking on LCI of 3 then 4 dead hostages, plus 4 severely wounded (life-threatening condition).

edit:

AFP says now 4 hostages dead as reported per Liep

Quote from: Liep on January 09, 2015, 11:53:10 AM

First, they talked of another guy then her. It's still pretty unclear.
Now, they're talking on LCI of 3 then 4 dead hostages, plus 4 severely wounded (life-threatening condition).

edit:

AFP says now 4 hostages dead as reported per Liep

LCI had a police source saying the chick was at large as well.
Interesting tweet

QuoteFrance Info@franceinfo
EDITION SPÉCIALE | "Des dizaines d'otages évacués de la superette de Vincennes" (source policière) franceinfo.fr/player

Dozens of hostages were freed (police source)

Jacob

Good that they got the fuckers.

Still hoping that reports of dead hostages are fog-of-war-misreports :(

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Jacob on January 09, 2015, 12:27:30 PM
Good that they got the fuckers.

Still hoping that reports of dead hostages are fog-of-war-misreports :(

I'm afraid it's all but confirmed. The only question remaining now is whether they were executed at the beginning of the hostage taking, or during the assault. That and the fate of the female companion of Amedy Coulibaly.

Sheilbh

DdB, you'll know. I saw reports that Hollande gave a banal press conference of generalities while the siege was still taking place. Did he? :blink:
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 09, 2015, 12:32:16 PM
DdB, you'll know. I saw reports that Hollande gave a banal press conference of generalities while the siege was still taking place. Did he? :blink:

That would be awkward but in general I wouldn't mind if a country's top guy dont have to hand-steer every god damn thing. It is a sign of a good organisation if he can say "free these hostages in the most efficient manner possible" and then just let it go.

Sheilbh

Sure. But I can't understand why you'd give a press conference during a crisis like that unless you had something to announce. Which, apparently, he didn't :blink:
Let's bomb Russia!