News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

London's never been bigger. Probably

Started by Sheilbh, January 06, 2015, 11:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 06, 2015, 05:44:01 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on January 06, 2015, 03:55:14 PM
London's also become a minority majority city

Really or are you counting Poles and Gypsies in that?
It's by how people self-identify, so the UK as a whole is about 85% white British. London was 45% in the 2011 census.

Edit: By comparison it was 60% in the 2001 census.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

I often wonder what would have happened had Britain not saw sense and had allowed it's cities to develop american style :bleeding:
██████
██████
██████

Richard Hakluyt

There would be far less pretty countryside to look at but housing would be far cheaper. So probably better for the poorer classes and worse for the privileged.

Warspite

Quote from: Tyr on January 07, 2015, 07:18:57 AM
I often wonder what would have happened had Britain not saw sense and had allowed it's cities to develop american style :bleeding:

We could have also developed them European style with things like planning and good infrastructure.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Brazen

Quote from: Warspite on January 07, 2015, 07:29:45 AM
We could have also developed them European style with things like planning and good infrastructure.
And streets you can shoot cannon down.

Brazen

Quote from: Valmy on January 06, 2015, 03:47:36 PM
Kind of surprised there are still that many British people in London.  My impression was if you actually wanted to meet anybody English you had to venture out into the provinces.
Critics often complain about "never hearing a British voice" in London, but that's because British Londoners know better than to talk to each other, especially on public transport.

Warspite

Quote from: Brazen on January 07, 2015, 07:44:09 AM
Kind of surprised there are still that many British people in London.  My impression was if you actually wanted to meet anybody English you had to venture out into the provinces.
Critics often complain about "never hearing a British voice" in London, but that's because British Londoners know better than to talk to each other, especially on public transport.

Plenty of British people in London, you just have to avoid Leicester Square, Piccadilly Circus - and Knightsbridge.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Martinus

Quote from: Brazen on January 07, 2015, 07:44:09 AM

As it should be. A stranger talking to you is almost always either intoxicated or insane - so talking to people on public transport is inconsiderate and needlessly startles them.

Brazen

Quote from: Martinus on January 07, 2015, 07:47:40 AM
As it should be. A stranger talking to you is almost always either intoxicated or insane - so talking to people on public transport is inconsiderate and needlessly startles them.
You do realise that 99% of conversations overheard on London public transport are in Polish. right? :P Admittedly mainly among groups of men in paint-spattered tracksuit bottoms having a breakfast beer in many cases.

Martinus

Quote from: Brazen on January 07, 2015, 08:33:10 AM
Quote from: Martinus on January 07, 2015, 07:47:40 AM
You do realise that 99% of conversations overheard on London public transport are in Polish. right? :P Admittedly mainly among groups of men in paint-spattered tracksuit bottoms having a breakfast beer in many cases.

Yes but surely they are not talking to strangers, no? :P

Josquius

Quote from: Warspite on January 07, 2015, 07:29:45 AM
Quote from: Tyr on January 07, 2015, 07:18:57 AM

:yes:
:cry:
██████
██████
██████