Bosnian imam attacked 7 times over call to stay out of Syria

Started by garbon, January 05, 2015, 02:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 06, 2015, 02:46:25 PM
Quote from: The Brain on January 06, 2015, 02:41:35 PM
The UK fought a world war for the cause of Greater Serbia.

The UK's war cause is still rusting at the bottom of Scapa Flow.

There's only a half-dozen left, the large majority were salvaged years ago. 

IIRC some importance has been attached to it being one of the few sources of good quality steel plate, unaffected by radioactive contamination from atmospheric nuclear testing.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

Well, I suppose this means that Viking is now rereading Sam Harris and trying to figure out why his slam dunk argument didn't work.  Maybe if he can find the right article on RationalWiki that quotes documents he has no familiarity with and he'll eventually win us over.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

Quote from: Warspite on January 06, 2015, 12:43:08 PM
That said, most Bosniaks - in fact all the Bosniaks I know - despise the extremists. The beardies walking around in robes are un-Bosnian in their view, and they fear the wahhabist mosques popping up around the countryside.
Yep. And there's lively competition between Turkish and Saudi 'versions' of Islam in Bosnia. On the other hand my understanding is that since the war there's been a rise of Muslim, Bosniak identity (and also Bosnian Serb and Croat identity). So while people in their late 30s often have names that are sort-of universal people born since the war are far more likely to have clearly Muslim, or clearly Serb names.

Having said all that though I wasn't in the countryside much (a few hours on a day trip) Bosnia is, in my experience, an incredibly liberal Muslim country. My friends out there say they've never been as drunk as when they attended a Bosniak colleagues wedding :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Viking

Quote from: Razgovory on January 07, 2015, 01:42:04 AM
Well, I suppose this means that Viking is now rereading Sam Harris and trying to figure out why his slam dunk argument didn't work.  Maybe if he can find the right article on RationalWiki that quotes documents he has no familiarity with and he'll eventually win us over.

oohh.. they even have a wiki page on it now

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beheading_in_Islamism

so far all I hear in return are ad-homs, red herrings and pathetic semantic arguments (of the kind it doesn't say behead, it say execute with sword bla bla bla)
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

Quote from: Viking on January 07, 2015, 04:53:08 PM
so far all I hear in return are ad-homs, red herrings and pathetic semantic arguments (of the kind it doesn't say behead, it say execute with sword bla bla bla)

:lol:

I also like who you have lately posted the wiki article that still doesn't really support what you want it to. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

One of the more amusing things here is that Viking's attacks on Islam keeps getting beaten back by two Jews.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Viking

Quote from: garbon on January 07, 2015, 04:57:21 PM

:lol:

I also like who you have lately posted the wiki article that still doesn't really support what you want it to. :D

If you missed the theological justification for beheading you in the article about islamist beheadings then you truly are wilfully stupid.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: Razgovory on January 07, 2015, 05:26:13 PM
One of the more amusing things here is that Viking's attacks on Islam keeps getting beaten back by two Jews.

no, Malthus is trying to disprove that the catholics secretly edited the 10 commandments to remove the prohibition on graven images, I made no such claim, I claimed that catholicism had no prohibition on graven images, shrimp, mixed fabrics and ignores most of the other laws of Judaism. He is fighting against the strawman of paranoid protestant fundamentalists, which I am definitively not one of.

Joan is trying to argue that beheading isn't not not part of islam, while I may have not been as clear as I could have hoped the first time round, he seemed to argue that it was execution not beheading somehow disproved my central point that murdering people in the name of the religion is something the so called prophet did.

raz and garbon are just trolls and jacob and cc are hardly doing more than acting as the chorus of idiots.

Jacob

Quote from: Viking on January 07, 2015, 05:45:34 PM

no, Malthus is trying to disprove that the catholics secretly edited the 10 commandments to remove the prohibition on graven images, I made no such claim, I claimed that catholicism had no prohibition on graven images, shrimp, mixed fabrics and ignores most of the other laws of Judaism. He is fighting against the strawman of paranoid protestant fundamentalists, which I am definitively not one of.

Joan is trying to argue that beheading isn't not not part of islam, while I may have not been as clear as I could have hoped the first time round, he seemed to argue that it was execution not beheading somehow disproved my central point that murdering people in the name of the religion is something the so called prophet did.

raz and garbon are just trolls and jacob and cc are hardly doing more than acting as the chorus of idiots.

... and yet our valiant anti-hero fights on!

Razgovory

Quote from: Razgovory on January 07, 2015, 01:42:04 AM

oohh.. they even have a wiki page on it now

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beheading_in_Islamism

You know, I was thinking about this while eating pancakes, (some my best ideas come to me while eating pancakes), and it occurred to me that if Beheading was so central to Islam, you'd think they get along better in France a country where beheading is celebrated and made into a science.

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on January 07, 2015, 05:45:34 PM

Well, I was curious how you saw this whole thing.  Thank you for being honest.  It is clear though, that there is no common ground here between you and your critics and struggle to even respect them.  I really think that you can't comprehend that other people can actually disagree with you.   My advice, stop listening to the Bill Maher podcasts.

dps

Speaking as a paranoid fundamentalist Protestant, I have to say that I've never claimed that the Catholic church has abolished (or never had) the prohibition against graven images. 

Still waiting to find out which 9 commandment I believe in.