News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The whores of Montreal

Started by Razgovory, December 29, 2014, 09:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I didn't want derail another thread, but when I looked up police uniforms from the 1930's I found this.  I can't imagine they were charging much.

http://jackbrummet.blogspot.com/2013/10/mugshots-of-montreal-prostitutes-circa.html  Mugshots of prostitues in the 1930's and '40's.

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Also, too cross eyed, too lumpy faced, and too slack jawed.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Admiral Yi

Those photos just turned me gay.

Monoriu

The emotions of a person makes a huge difference in how she looks.  A smiling, eager face looks much better than a pissed off one, even though it is the same face.  Of course she won't look good in a mugshot. 

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Meh, streetwalkers are usually alcoholics and druggies, as much then as they are now.

The really, really hot professionals--the ones that charge several thousands a day for their time, speak multiple languages, have Stanford educations--well, those don't get arrested nearly as much.  When they do, it's usually more for scams than prostitution.

Worked with a guy that always got his daily blowjobs off the street;  never had to worry about undercover cops, he said, because undercover cops always have all their teeth.

Tonitrus

By how "healthy" they look, we can at least we can tell there wasn't meth addiction back then.

alfred russel

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 29, 2014, 09:43:39 PM
Meh, streetwalkers are usually alcoholics and druggies, as much then as they are now.

The really, really hot professionals--the ones that charge several thousands a day for their time, speak multiple languages, have Stanford educations--well, those don't get arrested nearly as much.  When they do, it's usually more for scams than prostitution.

Worked with a guy that always got his daily blowjobs off the street;  never had to worry about undercover cops, he said, because undercover cops always have all their teeth.

Also, the good looking hookers that got caught were probably were able to work out alternatives to arrest with the cops.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 29, 2014, 09:45:36 PM
By how "healthy" they look, we can at least we can tell there wasn't meth addiction back then.

Just a raging poutine addiction.

Razgovory

Ha, you could make a little collage of these and call it "The Faces of Poutine".

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 29, 2014, 09:43:39 PM

Yeah, nobody should be surprised by the amount of ugly in those photos.  People shouldn't watch movies and think that hookers tend to look like Julia Roberts or Sigourney Weaver.

I've been accosted a few times in bars by hookers, and even if I was willing to pay for sex, I've never seen one that, based on looks, shouldn't have had to pay me instead--and I'm fat and ugly myself.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on December 30, 2014, 01:49:12 AM
I've been accosted a few times in bars by hookers, and even if I was willing to pay for sex, I've never seen one that, based on looks, shouldn't have had to pay me instead--and I'm fat and ugly myself.

I was accosted by one of the worn-out townies, at the frigging gas station of all places, not too long ago.  Bleech.  I'll just pump the gas, thank you.

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 30, 2014, 01:52:51 AM
Quote from: dps on December 30, 2014, 01:49:12 AM

I was accosted by one of the worn-out townies, at the frigging gas station of all places, not too long ago.  Bleech.  I'll just pump the gas, thank you.

I may have posted this story before, but a friend of mine used to drive a van delivering home medical supplies (oxygen tanks and such) in Atlanta.  One day he was driving through downtown Atlanta on his route, and while he was stopped at a stop light, a hooker came up to the window of the van and asked if he wanted to party.  He was like, "Yeah, right.  If I'm going to cruise downtown for sex, obviously I'm going to do so in a delivery van at 2 in the afternoon".