NFL Postseason Megathread: Playoffs in the Post-Orton Era

Started by CountDeMoney, December 29, 2014, 02:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveracher

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 12, 2015, 08:13:22 PM
Marc Trestman concerns me.  Although notes from underground say that he's been told not to tinker with the running game, since Forsett and the OL--particularly the rookies--responded well with the zone blocking scheme. 

He concerns me because 1) he likes Westish Coastish hybridish stuff, and I don't think that's Flacco's forte (it's not beyond him, I just don't think it's his preferred game), and 2) he won't have the receivers for it...so perhaps his first year as OC will be a place card until he gets WR talent or moves on.

As a Bears fan, I feel bad for you. For the Ravens sake I hope they dont let him play call.
Birdman of Burlington

CountDeMoney

Quote from: daveracher on March 13, 2015, 05:33:25 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 12, 2015, 08:13:22 PM
Marc Trestman concerns me.  Although notes from underground say that he's been told not to tinker with the running game, since Forsett and the OL--particularly the rookies--responded well with the zone blocking scheme. 

He concerns me because 1) he likes Westish Coastish hybridish stuff, and I don't think that's Flacco's forte (it's not beyond him, I just don't think it's his preferred game), and 2) he won't have the receivers for it...so perhaps his first year as OC will be a place card until he gets WR talent or moves on.

As a Bears fan, I feel bad for you. For the Ravens sake I hope they dont let him play call.

Where the hell were you when I had to deal with sbr over this bullshit?

Neil

I think the Bears experience might be a little too raw.  Trestman was over his head in Chicago.  His head coaching experience was in the CFL, where so long as he didn't piss off Anthony Calvillo, he could grind a player who got on his bad side into dogmeat and nobody gave a fuck.  As offensive coordinator, he won't have to balance egos the same way, and Harbaugh won't let him get out of control.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Geez, how many teams is that guy gonna have?  Players of his caliber don't usually move around that much.

Admiral Yi

Which caliber are you talking about, the undersized back or the slow receiver?

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 15, 2015, 01:50:11 AM
the undersized back

You mean the back who is basically the same size as DeMarco Murray, Marshawn Lynch, and LeSean McCoy?

the slow receiver

I don't have a good way of pulling the comparative stats for running back receptions, but 7.5 YPC career is pretty good for his volume of receptions and puts him up with the best pass-catching running backs.

Bush's problem has been injuries.  Expect for last season he was on pace to break 1000 combined rushing and receiving yards every year or his career, was 14 yards shy of back to back 1000 yard rushing seasons with the Dolphins, and had a 1000 yard season in his first one with the Lions.  I think the Dolphins releasing him was a mistake, but Ireland was an idiot.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Speaking of "Ireland was an idiot", the Dolphins have successfully eliminated the last two expensive mistakes of his tenure as GM.  Dannell Ellerbe and a third-round pick to New Orleans for Kenny Stills (LOLWUT?).  Then, Mike Wallace and a seventh-round pick to Minnesota for a third-round pick.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on March 15, 2015, 12:17:16 AM
Geez, how many teams is that guy gonna have?  Players of his caliber don't usually move around that much.

Ricky Williams, Willis MacGahee...once they're at a certain point in their careers, they're just bubble gum and bale wire for running games in transition.

Rat birds signed Kendrick Lewis away from Houston.

Lulz, Rex Ryan is actually going to let Tyrod Taylor compete for starting QB.

QuoteIt's hardly a surprise that Ryan is so high on an athletic quarterback who disappointed the Ravens by failing to develop as a passer. Ryan's obsession with Brad Smith, Tim Tebow and Michael Vick -- and the consequent dalliances with Wildcat and read-option experiments -- contributed to his Jets downfall.

Too funny.

MadBurgerMaker

Vince Wilfork and Cecil Shorts to the Texans, apparently.  No contract info, just rumors and a Twitter post from Wilfork about going to Houston instead of NE.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sophie Scholl

I've actually been quite happy with what Oakland has done so far this free agent period.  I can't say the same for the Browns. :glare:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sophie Scholl

Yessir.  I've a bit of local affection for the Bills as well.  The Raiders are my first and true love and the Browns part of my Cleveland love and a more recent pick up.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Valmy

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on March 16, 2015, 06:29:36 PM
Yessir.  I've a bit of local affection for the Bills as well.  The Raiders are my first and true love and the Browns part of my Cleveland love and a more recent pick up.

Please tell me you at least also picked up the Cavs.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."