NFL Postseason Megathread: Playoffs in the Post-Orton Era

Started by CountDeMoney, December 29, 2014, 02:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 12, 2015, 08:00:12 AM
It's a better window for winning than the other ones you said, New England or whoever.

I heard he and Gore were planning on going together.  Now if they could only get a few defenders to Indy maybe they might be getting someplace.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 12, 2015, 08:00:12 AM
E:  Speaking of Andre Johnson, Courtland Finnegan got on Twitter and said he hits like a bitch (right after he retired).  That guy just can't shut his face.

Good riddance.  Though it was fun to have a guy named after Genghis Khan in the league for awhile.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on March 12, 2015, 08:04:33 AM
I heard he and Gore were planning on going together.  Now if they could only get a few defenders to Indy maybe they might be getting someplace.

That's the big if.  Replacing Reggie Wayne and getting Gore is great, but...

QuoteGood riddance.  Though it was fun to have a guy named after Genghis Khan in the league for awhile.

You know, I gave him too much credit.  He said he hits like a "bish." 

MadBurgerMaker

:lol:  Clowney got attacked/bitten by DJ Swearinger's pit bull.  This dude can't catch a break.

CountDeMoney

QuoteRavens re-sign Justin Forsett to three-year, $9 million contract

Did not see this one coming, especially with concerns over One Year Wonder Syndrome.  Quite frankly, I expected them to go for Reggie Bush, much in the same way they got proven guys with gas still left in the tank with Willis MaGahee and Ricky Williams.

Despite the needs at WR, I do expect them to draft for a franchise back, should one be available on the board.

MadBurgerMaker

jimmy olsen

Murray going to the Eagles? Maybe Chip does now what he's doing.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

DeMarco Murray is going to be the next Chris Johnson, you heard it here first.

As for Finnegan, the guy has always been a punk.  I guarantee you he didn't think Andre Johnson hit like a bitch when Johnson kicked his ass on national television.

And Forsett?  We'll see.  Hopefully, he can prosper under the offence.  I worry about next year, just because of how well everybody was responding to Kubiak.  Even though the Ravens have never had a monster offence, their offensive coordinators always seem to be hot prospects.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Marc Trestman concerns me.  Although notes from underground say that he's been told not to tinker with the running game, since Forsett and the OL--particularly the rookies--responded well with the zone blocking scheme. 

He concerns me because 1) he likes Westish Coastish hybridish stuff, and I don't think that's Flacco's forte (it's not beyond him, I just don't think it's his preferred game), and 2) he won't have the receivers for it...so perhaps his first year as OC will be a place card until he gets WR talent or moves on.

Neil

Well, if the pattern holds up, Trestman will be a head coach somewhere in a year's time (although probably not in the NFL, given what an unmitigated disaster last year's Bears team was.  Even though the Cowardly Cutler gave up in the preseason, Trestman will carry the blame for that forever).  I don't blame Harbaugh for laying down the law on the running game.

Serious question:  With Tyrod gone to Buffalo, what are the local mouthbreathers going to do when the Ravens don't go 16-0 and they have to call in demanding for Flacco to be benched?  Wenning just doesn't seem to meet their needs, you know?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on March 12, 2015, 08:27:22 PM
Serious question:  With Tyrod gone to Buffalo, what are the local mouthbreathers going to do when the Ravens don't go 16-0 and they have to call in demanding for Flacco to be benched?  Wenning just doesn't seem to meet their needs, you know?

They're having kittens.  I know sports talk radio and fan boards are all the same everywhere, but for a town whose team had gone so long with subpar quarterback play--and even Steve Young said it after a MNF game once:  Brian Billick's inability to find consistency at the QB position, never mind a franchise player like Flacco, had cost the Ravens' defense multiple Super Bowls--you would think they would be grateful for Joe Flacco.

But no, he's responsible for everything from the defense giving up the big play to Haloti Ngata not signing for less money to being spotted in the Grassy Knoll.  Jesus H. John Constantine Unitas, people.   :rolleyes:

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Dolphins picked up Jordan Cameron.  Two years, $15 million.  Could be an awesome pickup it he can avoid more concussions.

That (hopefully) covers for Clay if he ends up leaving.  Rex seems to be really interested, but no rumors of term sheets yet.

BTW, what is the deal with Tyrod?  Buffalo fans seem to be getting major wood over him, too.  I would never have heard of him were it not for Languish.  Apparently, according to several derisive Bills fans this means I "must not watch football".

CountDeMoney

Tyrod Taylor is Michael Vick, only without the arm or the kennel.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

In other words, a running back who can kinda throw the ball.

CountDeMoney

No, that would be somebody like Vince Young.  Tyrod really can't throw at all.   :D

The reason why the Ravens have kept him so long is because as a very mobile quarterback, he runs the opposing offenses during the week.  And with the league being the way it is, game planning and practicing against mobile QBs is where it's at.

He's good to plug in for junk time, or if you need a spot start, but he's not the guy you'll want to plug into the offense for 6 games after the QB goes down when your team is 5-2, as you'll eventually become 7-6. 

QuoteApparently, according to several derisive Bills fans this means I "must not watch football".

And I'm sure the fact he went to Virginia Tech--The Great Bruce Smith's alma mater--has absolutely nothing to do with it.  Toss that one back at 'em.   YOU ARE NOT BLIND YET YOU CANNOT SEE