NFL Postseason Megathread: Playoffs in the Post-Orton Era

Started by CountDeMoney, December 29, 2014, 02:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Schefter is saying the Ravens traded Ngata to the Lions.

CountDeMoney

Not surprising;  he wasn't budging on his numbers, and they didn't have a lot of wiggle room.

sbr

Rams traded Bradford to the Eagles for Foles and a draft pick of some sort.

daveracher

Quote from: sbr on March 10, 2015, 03:11:13 PM

So Mark Sanchez will get lots of playing time then.
Birdman of Burlington

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 10, 2015, 03:09:14 PM
Not surprising;  he wasn't budging on his numbers, and they didn't have a lot of wiggle room.

Looks like they got a 4th and 5th round pick for him.  Not bad.

CountDeMoney

lol, wow.

CountDeMoney

Owen Daniels signs a 3-year deal with the Broncos.  Imagine that.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 10, 2015, 03:29:11 PM
Owen Daniels signs a 3-year deal with the Broncos.  Imagine that.

Stunning development.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on March 10, 2015, 02:55:23 PM
Saints desperately need to dump salary, good on them getting a first rounder for him.

I wonder what Seattle is going to use for an offensive line next year

CountDeMoney

Listening to sports radio and reading some boards about the Ngata trade, people are having kittens  :lol:

"Only a 4th and 5th round pick for Ngata?  We could've gotten more for Flacco!" :bleeding:

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 10, 2015, 03:09:14 PM
And given how well his backups played when he was suspended, I think it was a move that the Ravens had to make.  With Suggs, Flacco, Ngata and the ghost of Ray Rice all tying up tons of cash, something had to give.

And fuck Baltimore sports radio.  You can't trade a QB of Flacco's calibre when you don't have anybody else.  You just can't.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on March 10, 2015, 04:44:06 PM
And fuck Baltimore sports radio.  You can't trade a QB of Flacco's calibre when you don't have anybody else.  You just can't.

I'm sure Houston would give the Ravens Fitzpatrick in exchange for Flacco.  It'd be tough, but they could probably be persuaded. 

Valmy

Actually they just flipped picks someplace.  If it was the first round that signals to me that the Eagles are going to try to Mariota.  If it was not the first round then I don't know WTF the Eagles were thinking.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on March 10, 2015, 06:12:19 PM

Actually they just flipped picks someplace.  If it was the first round that signals to me that the Eagles are going to try to Mariota.  If it was not the first round then I don't know WTF the Eagles were thinking.
Yeah, unless they think he's damaged goods from his injury last year it just doesn't make sense. I mean he's probably not ever going to replicate his brilliant 2013 season, but he definitely is an effective starter in the NFL and getting rid of him to gamble on Bradford's health or the draft (even if they get the Titan's pick) is a bit nuts.

EDIT: NFL.com says it's not the first picks

QuoteThe Eagles announced Tuesday that they have agreed to trade quarterback Nick Foles, a fourth-round draft pick in 2015 and a second-round pick in 2016 to the St. Louis Rams in exchange for quarterback Sam Bradford and the Rams' fifth-round pick in 2015.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Well then Chip Kelly is crazy.  The Eagles better hope he is crazy like a fox.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."