NFL Postseason Megathread: Playoffs in the Post-Orton Era

Started by CountDeMoney, December 29, 2014, 02:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 07, 2015, 11:46:54 PM
Who's gonna throw to him though?

Well Geno can throw it to the half of the field that Marshall is on.  Does that count?

jimmy olsen

Jets might as well have traded for Cutler as well. He's way better than anyone they're likely to acquire, and I get the feeling Chicago wants to get rid of him.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Huh.  The Texans signed Hoyer (3yr, $12-14) and re-signed Mallett (2yr, $7), so Fitz is probably going to be traded or released which will free up a little more than a year of Mallett's contract.

CountDeMoney

Apparently the Niners are going to pay tons of money for Torrey Smith's 49 catches.

CountDeMoney

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Interesting move.  It should help the run defense, since the D-line got burned bad up the middle last year.  I hope he is worth the money, though.

I also wonder how this is going to go over with Philbin.  Ross was apparently hot to sign Suh, but Philbin doesn't like player drama.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on March 09, 2015, 11:16:51 AM
Interesting move.  It should help the run defense, since the D-line got burned bad up the middle last year.  I hope he is worth the money, though.

I also wonder how this is going to go over with Philbin.  Ross was apparently hot to sign Suh, but Philbin doesn't like player drama.

And it shows the franchise is committed to wining:  something that's been hard to sell (and believe) since #13 retired.

Neil

So, with Patrick Willis retiring and half the team about to be kicked out of the league for various assaults, how fucked are the 49ers?

Andre Johnson's release:  Sometimes football is a cold business, you know?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on March 09, 2015, 10:59:21 PM
So, with Patrick Willis retiring and half the team about to be kicked out of the league for various assaults, how fucked are the 49ers?

I think it's adorable.

QuoteAndre Johnson's release:  Sometimes football is a cold business, you know?

Could be a Raven soon.

katmai

half the team :yeahright:
but yeah fooked pretty good, oh well it was fun while it lasted.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sophie Scholl

Only one Bay Area team can be good at a time.  I suffered through the last decade plus.  Are you ready to pay your dues, Kat?
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

katmai

Fuck that bullshit, besides the Raiders are leaving again anyways.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son