NFL Postseason Megathread: Playoffs in the Post-Orton Era

Started by CountDeMoney, December 29, 2014, 02:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

WTF happened to Green Bay?! They had that game, the Sea Hawks were helping defeat themselves, playing so lousy, turn overs, etc!

Patriots rolled over Indy, which I wasn't expecting even though the Pats were favored. I expected Indy to give a much closer game.

jimmy olsen

Karmic balance for Aaron Hernandez

http://www.people.com/article/new-england-patriots-player-rescues-woman-from-car

QuoteVince Wilfork Rescues Woman from Car Crash After Winning Championship

Heading to the Super Bowl isn't enough for Vince Wilfork.

While the New England Patriots defensive tackle was driving home from Sunday night's AFC Championship game against the Indianapolis Colts, he stopped to rescue a woman from an overturned SUV, the Massachusetts State Police posted on their news blog.

Just after midnight, "Troopers arrived to find a 2015 Jeep Wrangler rolled onto its side," the blog reads. "To their surprise, New England Patriots defensive tackle Vince Wilfork was beside the vehicle checking on the operator."

The driver, 38-year-old Mary Ellen Brooks, was trapped in her car. So, together with the troopers, Wilfork helped pull the woman out.

"Trooper Kenneth Proulx stated that he held the driver's door of the vehicle open, and Vince Wilfork reached in and helped lift the operator out of the vehicle with one hand," the blog continued.

"It was something we saw and we knew she needed help, so we helped," Wilfork told reporters Monday, according to WVCB. "The good thing is that we got her to safety.

"The first thing I told her was 'don't panic,' " he added. "My job was to help the person in the car."

Brooks was charged with operating under the influence of alcohol and negligent operation of a motor vehicle.

All in all, it was a good night for Wilfork. In addition to saving the woman, he helped the Pats rout the Colts 45-7, earning the team a trip to Super Bowl XLIX. (Though the team is now reportedly being investigated for allegedly deflating footballs during the game.)

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 19, 2015, 07:04:33 PM
2015 Jeep Wrangler

I should have waited a couple of months before trading in my 12 and gotten a 2015 instead of a 2014.  They finally lowered the tweeters into the dash instead of leaving them sticking up all in the way like.  It's a bitch getting the registration/inspection stickers behind there.

KRonn

Good going Wilfork! He was on his way home from the game when this happened, so he probably thought the excitement was over.   :)

citizen k

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Lol  :lmfao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ83nnODDjs

I forgot how crazy those two games were, they should really add back in the net point differential to the tie breaker rules.

1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 20, 2015, 09:18:40 AM
Lol  :lmfao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ83nnODDjs

I forgot how crazy those two games were, they should really add back in the net point differential to the tie breaker rules.

No.  It's bad enough that the Patriots run up the score.  We don't need the rest of the league doing it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Kleves

Quote from: citizen k on January 20, 2015, 12:08:34 AM

Pike Place Market fishmongers celebrate Seahawks win:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB5kTvm9X9c
If anything, that was understated compared to the reaction at my house. The end of that game was amazing (if you're a Seahawk fan).
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

CountDeMoney

Word on the street is the Ravens will introduce Adam Gase as the new OC today, even though Harbaugh apparently wanted to talk to Marc Trestman.

I think, between the two, I would rather have Trestman.  :mellow:

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on January 20, 2015, 11:44:29 AM
Andy Dalton is in the Pro Bowl :lol:

And yet, the world wonders why people maintain a persistent belief in an anti-Baltimore bias in the NFL.

derspiess

Now Ed's gonna have to get another Dalton Pro Bowl jersey to go with the 2012 one.

CountDeMoney

derspiess