NFL Postseason Megathread: Playoffs in the Post-Orton Era

Started by CountDeMoney, December 29, 2014, 02:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

7 year old kid sends JJ Watt his jersey.  Autographed.

JJ Watt: "This kid has some guts... I like it."

Twitterverse:  @JJWatt redskins just signed the kid

:lol:

Admiral Yi

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 14, 2015, 12:42:15 PM
Good writing for a 7 year old.  :)

Agree.  Almost looks like an adult trying to write like a kid. 

That said, my 6-year old has reached the point where his handwriting is neater than mine.  But I'm still a better speller :contract:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 14, 2015, 12:29:47 PM
I wonder if the Texans will promote one of their current scout type dudes to replace him or if they'll go out and get someone new.

E: Maccagnan I mean.

FWIW I heard they fired their video director and equipment manager.  Harsh.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on January 14, 2015, 12:46:26 PM

You send your resume?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on January 14, 2015, 12:45:26 PM

That said, my 6-year old has reached the point where his handwriting is neater than mine.  But I'm still a better speller :contract:

I was talking about the syntax more than the penmanship.  Some good sentence complexity.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 14, 2015, 12:50:15 PM

You send your resume?

It gets too hot down there.  Besides, I'm sure they already had someone lined up.

I am tempted to go to the East-West game one of these years and do some networking :ph34r:

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 14, 2015, 01:04:26 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 14, 2015, 12:45:26 PM

I was talking about the syntax more than the penmanship.  Some good sentence complexity.

Yeah, well it was probably dictated by a parent, word for word (assuming they didn't just do the whole thing).  I basically told my kid what to write when he wrote his letter to Santa last month.

Admiral Yi

MadBurgerMaker

That sucks for those guys.  Any idea what it was all about?

crazy canuck

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 14, 2015, 01:52:06 PM

Someone has to take the fall for the players not winning.

MadBurgerMaker

If the season W-L result had anything to do with those dudes, they should have been promoted not shitcanned.

Probably spying for the Patriots.

CountDeMoney

Sometimes franchises keep the worker bees around, sometimes they do the whole Coalition Provisional Authority Order #1 thing.

derspiess

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 14, 2015, 01:52:06 PM

Don't know anything about the equipment manager (though I could speculate based on other examples) but apparently the video guy had taken a year off a while ago for health reasons.  And you just don't do that. 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on January 14, 2015, 02:41:39 PM
but apparently the video guy had taken a year off a while ago for health reasons.  And you just don't do that.

Not in America, you don't.