NFL Postseason Megathread: Playoffs in the Post-Orton Era

Started by CountDeMoney, December 29, 2014, 02:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 30, 2014, 05:43:31 PM
:glare:

I don't get it. Isn't it better to watch games that have the awesome players playing?

And if it comes to pass that someone takes out his knee, you can feel that justice was done.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 30, 2014, 05:36:33 PM
QuoteDetroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh has won his appeal of his one-game suspension, sources told ESPN.com.

Suh was suspended for stepping on the leg of Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers in the Lions' regular-season finale.

The one-game suspension would have kept Suh out of Detroit's wild-card playoff game against the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday.

In lieu of the suspension, Suh has been fined $70,000.
Disgusting
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 30, 2014, 10:00:22 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 30, 2014, 05:36:33 PM
QuoteDetroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh has won his appeal of his one-game suspension, sources told ESPN.com.

Suh was suspended for stepping on the leg of Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers in the Lions' regular-season finale.

The one-game suspension would have kept Suh out of Detroit's wild-card playoff game against the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday.

In lieu of the suspension, Suh has been fined $70,000.
Disgusting

I wouldn't call it disgusting;  nonsensical would be more like it.

If it was intentional, then a 1-game suspension (at least) is completely justified.

If it wasn't intentional, then there should be no fine, either.

alfred russel

Quote from: dps on December 30, 2014, 10:10:33 PM

If it was intentional, then a 1-game suspension (at least) is completely justified.

For stepping on a leg. In a football game.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: alfred russel on December 30, 2014, 10:14:42 PM

Yeah.  Perspective, people.

jimmy olsen

Are you literally retarded? A three hundred pound man stepping on another man's leg is a lot more likely to cause serious injury than him throwing a punch, and I'm sure even you would say that would merit a suspension.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Berkut

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 30, 2014, 10:17:20 PM

Yeah.  Perspective, people.

For intentionally stepping on someones leg, twice, yes. That is an attempt to injure someone.

There is no way Suh didn't know he was stepping on his leg after he did it the first time.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 30, 2014, 10:19:09 PM

Are you literally retarded? A three hundred pound man stepping on another man's leg is a lot more likely to cause serious injury than him throwing a punch, and I'm sure even you would say that would merit a suspension.

No harm no foul. Suh is welcome to come over and step on my leg for $70k whenever he pleases. I'll even fly to Detroit.

I frankly don't get why throwing a punch has become such a big deal in football. Don't get me wrong--definitely deserves a penalty and a fine, but go back and watch games from the 80s. Not nearly such a big deal. And why should it be? In hockey punches are thrown all the time without the sky falling, and in football guys are armored up. Hitting a guy in the head is more dangerous to the puncher than the punchee.

Neil

A three hundred pound man stepping on another man's leg is a lot more likely to cause serious injury than him throwing a punch,
That's probably not true.  The legs are quite resistant to that sort of damage.  It'll hurt, but it's not all that likely to do serious injury unless you were to, say, post somebody's shin.

Calm down.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

alfred russel

Quote from: Berkut on December 30, 2014, 10:26:09 PM

For intentionally stepping on someones leg, twice, yes. That is an attempt to injure someone.

Are you sure? It seems more like an attempt to be an asshole.

sbr

Rodgers has been dealing with a lower leg injury for 2 weeks.  That was more than being an asshole.

dps

More for being a repeat offender, IMO.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: alfred russel on December 30, 2014, 10:27:27 PM

No harm no foul. Suh is welcome to come over and step on my leg for $70k whenever he pleases. I'll even fly to Detroit.

I frankly don't get why throwing a punch has become such a big deal in football. Don't get me wrong--definitely deserves a penalty and a fine, but go back and watch games from the 80s. Not nearly such a big deal. And why should it be? In hockey punches are thrown all the time without the sky falling, and in football guys are armored up. Hitting a guy in the head is more dangerous to the puncher than the punchee.
Just because people did something in the past doesn't mean it's morally acceptable to do it now, or was morally acceptable to do it then.

They shouldn't throw punches in Hockey either.

1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

In his appeal Suh said his feet were so frozen he couldn't tell the difference between standing on the flat ground and standing on someone's leg. :lol:

derspiess

Quote from: sbr on December 31, 2014, 08:50:40 AM
In his appeal Suh said his feet were so frozen he couldn't tell the difference between standing on the flat ground and standing on someone's leg. :lol:

And they didn't laugh in his face.  League needs to get its shit together; it's still a complete joke when it comes to discipline.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall