News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Will Charles be king?

Started by Josquius, December 25, 2014, 01:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will the Charles, POW, ever become King?

Yes. The queen will abdicate
1 (2.2%)
Yes. The queen can't live forever
28 (60.9%)
No. The Queen will outlive him.
7 (15.2%)
No. It will skip him and go to William
7 (15.2%)
No. There will be a republic
3 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on December 28, 2014, 04:45:53 AM
His grandad wasn't.
Yeah, but George VI had a truly 1940s smoking habit and then died of lung cancer.

QuoteYou're one to talk :lol:
My mum and dad live near Charles's 'model estate' in Dorset. It's like the Daily Mail in architectural form:

And the fire station which he designed himself:

:bleeding: :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

Agelastus

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 28, 2014, 08:31:46 AM
My mum and dad live near Charles's 'model estate' in Dorset. It's like the Daily Mail in architectural form:

It's a tad overdone Sheilbh, I agree, but I do note that he's using terraced housing - I thought you were in favour of that?

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 28, 2014, 08:31:46 AMAnd the fire station which he designed himself:

Yeah, I have to agree that he's not a skilled designer. Too overblown and with an overemphasis on symmetry on the main building.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Sheilbh

They have buildings designed with bricked up windows (because lots of old British buildings have bricked up windows dating from 18th century window taxes) :bleeding:

Aside from affectation here's no reason terraced housing should necessarily look Georgian (the most boring and worthless of periods, that Charles' loves it is a black mark on his name) or 19th century.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

It does look rather artificial
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

mongers

Poundbury is a rather large carbuncle, severely at odd with what remains of the earthworks on the gentle hill and the Roman aqueduct snaking up that little valley.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

PJL

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 28, 2014, 08:42:59 AM
They have buildings designed with bricked up windows (because lots of old British buildings have bricked up windows dating from 18th century window taxes) :bleeding:

Aside from affectation here's no reason terraced housing should necessarily look Georgian (the most boring and worthless of periods, that Charles' loves it is a black mark on his name) or 19th century.

I'd stay away from Cheltenham if I were you then, as it's essentially a Georgian New Town, even to the point where new flats are built it has to be in the Georgian style in certain 'conservation' areas.

Sheilbh

I don't entirely mind it in a conservation area. Trouble is Poundbury's entirely new. There's no original it's trying to conserve outside of Charles's head.
Let's bomb Russia!

dps

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 28, 2014, 08:31:46 AM

And the fire station which he designed himself:

It's meh, but I've seen worse.  For example, Goldsboro's old main fire station, which is actually vaguely similar, except it's smaller, and the big doors for the fire trucks to use are in the front.

Admiral Yi