News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Will Charles be king?

Started by Josquius, December 25, 2014, 01:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will the Charles, POW, ever become King?

Yes. The queen will abdicate
1 (2.2%)
Yes. The queen can't live forever
28 (60.9%)
No. The Queen will outlive him.
7 (15.2%)
No. It will skip him and go to William
7 (15.2%)
No. There will be a republic
3 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Josquius

A weird conversation derived from the queens speech leads to this
██████
██████
██████

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Brain

What do the rules of succession say? Can the crown skip a generation while kids are alive? Or does he formally have to be a 15 min king?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

A this time Sean Connery has a greater chance of becoming king.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Eventually the truth will come out, that Charles is actually a giant rodent dressed as a man.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Bertie became Edward VII.  Why wouldn't Charles become the king (unless he predeceases his mother)?  He'd have to renounce the throne, and I don't think there is any reason to believe that he would.  He'd have a short reign, in all probability, but that wouldn't be a first.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Well no, he'd be the third.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tonitrus

Will the UK have to redesign and turn in all their currency?  :P

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 25, 2014, 07:04:23 PM
Will the UK have to redesign and turn in all their currency?  :P
Probs :lol:

All the QCs become KCs too.

I think she's got another 20 years or so and then we'll get Charles :)
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 25, 2014, 07:30:38 PM
I think she's got another 20 years or so and then we'll get Charles :)

I'll take the under.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Ah. Yeah that's probably overegging it. But she's pretty well-preserved for near enough 90 and her mum lasted till 101 (though she was pickled in gin).
Let's bomb Russia!

Grallon

Quote from: 11B4V on December 25, 2014, 04:58:58 PM
He's to ugly to be King.

No - his horse of a wife is too ugly to become queen.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Richard Hakluyt

I guess we will have 10 more years of QEII an then a few years from Charles before William takes over.

The currency keeps on circulating but new coins will have the new monarch on them. Prior to decimalisation in 1971 there were coins from several reigns in circulation, with late Victorian coins being very common.